Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My $.02 worth of info on this...
    Lady Treo:

Do you work for a corporate company?
    If so inquire what the discount per month is...
    Also if you don't want to call Sprint CS, private message me and i will check tomorrow, won't say where I work... :P
    Anyway, my Father works for Boeing... Well him & my mother get a nice 28% per month off there monthly bill. To me that is awesome. Especially when they have 2000 Anytime mins, Ulimited N/W, Unlimited Vision (first line free, second $5), Unlimted PCS to PCS, Unlimited SMS for... *DRUM ROLL*.... $78.90 a month & Los Angeles Taxes incl... Pretty good if you ask me.
    Point is... If you do stay with Sprint, for the mean time CHECK and see what you get off your bill for where you work... Hell Nordstrom Employees get 15% off, and Best Buy employees get 18%, and Bank of America get 23% off... Not to bad...

*** Just opening your options... Take care!

- Jim R.
    spoolenturbo@gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Don't worry Insertion, I still have my 2nd line on Treo 650 with Cingular, so I'll be here!

I'm just wondering what to do with the 1st line. Maybe I'll wait for the Treo 700, but how do you sync 2 Palms on 1 PC? Name 1 folder Palm2 or something?
    Nothing could be easier. Just give the other handheld a new hotsync name. Never use the same hotsync name with two different devices. Good luck.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    damn I only get 5% from usc =(
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    Nothing could be easier. Just give the other handheld a new hotsync name. Never use the same hotsync name with two different devices. Good luck.
    Thanks! But what if the new Treo has the next version of Palm?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I agree with Kev, if the service is good enough with Sprint you should be able to get a better deal. When my contract was up last year with Sprint I was able to get 1200 anytime minutes a month for $60 plus the unlimited nights/weekends and $10 vision.

I'm in the western burbs of Chicago and find the service pretty good. In fact I'm usually surprised at how good the coverage is even when I'm cruising the hilly back roads. Maybe it's just bad in/near the city.
    Thanks! But what if the new Treo has the next version of Palm?
    If the new treo has either a new PalmOS and/or Palm Desktop/Hotsync software, it doesn't matter. Go ahead and update the Desktop/Hotsync software and make sure the new Treo hotsyncs fine with a NEW hotsync name. Then hotsync the old Treo with it's own hotsync name (Hotsync should still recognize it). You will have two handhelds with the same PIM info but selectively differing preferences and apps. There should be no problem. The 600 is my third PalmPhone (PalmOS changed) - so I've done this twice. No worries.
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 04/28/2005 at 11:55 AM.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    I'm also considering leaving Sprint ----- yes, Cingular seems crisp and clear, however, I have yet to call a Cingular user, here in LA, without the call dropping at least once

I am impressed by Verizon though - there phones seem to work everywhere

However, I've got a great setup on Sprint - 2 lines at a reasonable price - so the switchout would take a lot - but nonetheless, I'm considering it
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Of course, VZW always seems to have "yesterdays phones" at todays price.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  9.    #29  
    That's why I really don't want to go back to them either. I had an account with Verizon, and dumped them because the phone sucked and the others weren't that great either. However, they did have better CS than Sprint.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Don't worry Insertion, I still have my 2nd line on Treo 650 with Cingular, so I'll be here!

I'm just wondering what to do with the 1st line. Maybe I'll wait for the Treo 700, but how do you sync 2 Palms on 1 PC? Name 1 folder Palm2 or something?

How about creating another login and installing the new version of Palm just for that new login/user. I haven't actually tried this but I believe it should work.
    Sprint has been a complete nightmare. Service at their stores will make you violent. However, they are by far the cheapest for Treo users. If I weren't locked in at $10 Vision/SMS, I would BOLT to Verizon.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Verizon sucks. $45.00 for unlimited data? Come on.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    Verizon sucks. $45.00 for unlimited data? Come on.
    ...plus paying $0.45/minute each time you go over your monthly allotted minutes. Oh, and god forbid if you notice that you're on a 1,200 mins per month plan and you're at 1,000 minutes halfway through and you want to upgrade your monthly minutes to say 1,500 - VZW pro-rates your bill so you still pay overage--> ie. 1/2 month = 600 minutes of alloted useage vs. 1000 actually used = 400 minutes of overage * $0.45 = $180 in overage charges + plus a higher monthly bill!

VZW lives in the dark ages, they still think they're Ma Bell and as Sprint & Cingular build out their network coverage their presumed advantage of network superiority will diminish and evaporate. In fact, I live in Westchester County NY and recently switched to Sprint with my T650. The coverage is as good, and sometimes better than VZW. Plus, I can roam to VZW's network when Sprint's coverage is lacking (rare).

So worst phones, highest prices, corporate culture geared towards "raping" the consumer...sounds to me like a losing strategy in the long-term. Sorry to get off base on this thread, but VZW takes pride in ripping it's customers and it tees me off

Lady Treo, don't choose a VZW 650!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12