1.    #1  
    Its great that Verizon is bringing out a branded 650. But it will be CDMA for their network. Will they leave the GSM hardware and software intact so that a SIM can be inserted for overseas connectivity?
    CP
    Quote Originally Posted by crownprince
    Will they leave the GSM hardware and software intact so that a SIM can be inserted for overseas connectivity?
    CP
    Don't count on it.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    As far as I know the Treo 650 is only designed for one radio.

Of course dual radios would be a nice feature in the next hardware version...
    I was told by 3 different VZ reps that the Treo 650 was a world phone (with specific details - it will have a SIM card, be usable in Europe, what the per minute roaming charges would be, that the minutes would be counted towards my plan....
    but several other reps have said "no way." How could the reps be so misinformed to such a degree? I can't wait for a CDMA/European GSM pda/phone!
    >How could the reps be so misinformed to such a degree?
    It's a wireless phone company. Misinformation is their business.
    Quote Originally Posted by scotttreo
    It's a wireless phone company. Misinformation is their business.
    Hahaha... Verizon especially. Unless you know EXACTLY what you want to achieve by calling CS, don't bother. Read various online boards such as TC, and call CS when you know a replacement is warranted or you need to change your service plan. Otherwise you are wasting your breath.
    get unlocked gsm treo 650, baby. screw verizon or sprint.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Only two Verizon's phones appear to be capable of working on both GSM and CDMA, Samsung SCH-a790 and Motorola a840. Roaming charges apply. See more here:
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/m...hone/index.jsp
    Ed
    zorz.net
    Palm III > Palm V > palm Vx > Palm m500 > Sony Clie SJ33 > Palm Treo 650