1.    #1  
    From pdaphonehome.com main page, posted April 1, 2005.
    This is awesome news, its something I always wanted to do but was limited to US and some (maybe all) Canada in the past.

"SprintPCS users can now text message internationaly.
    by Falconier - 04-01-2005 07:37 AM

SprintPCS recently upgraded their text messaging service to allow you to text message to "all" international text message capable phones. This change happened about 2 weeks or so ago (SPCS users may have noticed text messages starting to come with 1(NPA)NXX-XXXX). All you have to do is put 011 country code and the number (I.E. 011614XXXXXXXX). I have texed and recived text messages from Australia. I'll probably try New Zeland next http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif"

I've been doing it for a long time on Verizon.
    ~'kito
    Great, now I just need to find some Euro's to text.

Tool? Clu?? Anyone???
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Markito
    I've been doing it for a long time on Verizon.
    Maybe you can give me a good idea, do you have examples of countries and how you text each one on Verizon?
    For example, if you text England do you put in 0044 or +44? Or other places, wherever you text.
    And there are no extra fees?

Hey with Sprint you never can be too sure .
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell

That's true. I wonder if those extra digits turn into extra $$$...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell

According to this thread, no - but he doesn't cite his source for the information.
    Well it is good none the less. Maybe the folks here at TC can get the scoop and make an article with all the details for us .
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Maybe you can give me a good idea, do you have examples of countries and how you text each one on Verizon?
    For example, if you text England do you put in 0044 or +44? Or other places, wherever you text.
    I text message with my best mate in London all the time. I just use his mobile number (as dialed from the US). His starts with: 011447766______.

And it travels so fast it's almost like instant messaging.

I love it. I don't think it costs me extra, but I'm not positive (I'm on Verizon).

Good luck.

Cheers, big ears.

~M
    ~'kito
  10.    #10  
    And how many numbers total in a london text message phone number? I have received calls from a friend, but never called back. I'm not sure the number I have here is formatted correctly. The way I have mine is 004407732xxxxxx
    011447766XXXXXX

Try removing the first "00" and substitute "011". Try it and then let me know if it works. I think it should. Right now you have the local version.
    ~'kito
    Will something like this work to send a text message?
    011-511-222-2222

Where:
    011 is the international call prefix
    511 is the country calling area and
    222-2222 is the phone number

Am I right?

Al
    Seems right to me.
    ~'kito