Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I'm with midwife. I won't upgrade to the 650. I will wait until Palm has a Treo that can use the EVDO network.

Or I will get the i730 when it comes out
    Quote Originally Posted by fnj
    I have to say I don't quite get why everyone is so excited about the 650 on Verizon. Is it just that so many people already have Verizon and want to upgrade their phones on their existing plans, or is there something else that I am missing.

I ask because my Cingular contract ends on May 15 (thank God) and I am planning to move to Sprint and by a 650 there. Their plans are inexpensive and, at least at the Treo store, their phone is the least expensive.
    i was on verizon with kyo 6035, kyo 7135 & treo 600.
    switched to sprint to get the 650, and really don't care for them at all. their only positive, in my mind, is the unlimited data price.
    sprints coverage and customer service can't hold a candle to vzw, imho.

i will be looking very hard at the 650 on vzw, when it comes, and will probably bite the early term fee at sprint, just to get away from their horrendous coverage.

oh yeah, sprint's billing is crapola, as well.
    iBug
    mac osx user new beetle pilot powerbook operator smartphone communicator

----------
    vzw.kyo6035 > vzw.kyo7135 > vzw.treo600 > sprint.treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by jstpa
    Or I will get the i730 when it comes out
    Wonder what the battery life will be?
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    Wonder what the battery life will be?
    this thread doesn't really answer your question, but it has some info.

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...threadid=44827
    Don't you think that vzw wouldn't have even officially annouced that they would be getting the 650 soon if they knew that it hadn't been fully tested. The April 20th rumor is probably a bit early for an estimated release date, but I think that since the disclaimer says it should be available "soon", they should release it in stores within weeks (not months) from the time the ad was put on their website. If Verizon doesn't get their act together and release this phone by mid-May then I'm off to Sprint. They have dragged this on long enough! The treo 650 has almost been out for 1 year now and Sprint has had it on their network since Nov.
    Quote Originally Posted by chilliwillie
    The treo 650 has almost been out for 1 year now...
    Huh??? I think it has been out since Sprint released it just less than 5 months ago. Unless you are counting beta models or something (which shouldn't count). Five months does not a year make. Heck Five months does not even half a year make.
    ~'kito
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Sweet!! Today Is The Day Huh :/
    I live in NYC and hands down, the best coverage.

My wife is a medical student in Jersey and literally my sprint phone loses coverage when a door closes in her classrooms, but VZ folks are chatting along.

I can live with bad Sprint coverage (I have for several years) but don't want my wife out there with holes everywhere.
    Okay, so apparently, today is not the release date of the Verizon Treo 650. What is second most speculated release date? I've read from a few places May 2 for business customers and June 6 for general release. Does anyone have anything more substantial than that?
    i went to the vzw local store and they said end of may(or was it end of earth). he said they were concerned on the short battery life. unfortunately my contract expires in july otw i might consider the switch to cingular
    The way I look at it is that each day that passes, is a day closer to it.
    It's tough waiting, like Christmas morning, but at least we know it definitely is coming. Hopefully May 2 will be the day, then we have to convince VZW to sell it to us non-biz types.
    Verizon's website shows both of the Treo 600s (with and without camera) as being out of stock. Hopefully that's a good sign as to how soon the Treo 650 might be released.

--CyberBec
    I just went onto verizonwireless.com and Treo 600/Treo 600NC both seem to be in stock. It might differ depending on the zip code. Unless you went onto a different site. Also, I see it selling for $249, not $199 like people have said.
    I was looking at the verizonwireless.com website. Both phones are $249, and both are marked as Out of Stock. My zipcode is in the Southern California area.
    Quote Originally Posted by jstpa
    I'm with midwife. I won't upgrade to the 650. I will wait until Palm has a Treo that can use the EVDO network.
    I thought of doing the same so as to get the Treo on the same bill with my OnStar service....but alas I don't live in one of the 21 cities with EVDO service.
    1. I agree with many others around the boards, when it gets here, it'll get here.
    2. For what it's worth... NYC Verizon Wireless site has both 600s IN stock.
    3. Ok, now it can get here already.
    The only people that know when it will be available are the high corparate employees and believe me, their not talking. I think that since they have put out an ad saying it will be available soon, that means that they know that it has passed the tests and it is ready to work on their network. I could be wrong, but it's just my guess. Regardless of the rumours, it will get here when it gets here. Hopefuly Verizon considers "coming soon" as meaning in the near future (a matter of a couple of weeks hopefully). Im guessing it should be out by Mid-may at the latest. Any longer than that and they will loose a lot of business to Sprint and Cingulair.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I thought of doing the same so as to get the Treo on the same bill with my OnStar service....but alas I don't live in one of the 21 cities with EVDO service.

It's up to 33 cities now.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12