1.    #1  
    I'm a long time Newton user who is a newbie to the Treo, but I'm ready to make the move from Sprint to Verizon Wireless for cell phones and move my Newton data to the Treo. I'm not sure I really need wireless Internet since everyplace I am is wired or wireless, and I've been addicted to a portable computer for as long as I remember. But, I've heard and seen the Treo as an Internet device, and I'd like to use it on the Internet incidentally. I don't want to pay a 4th redundant ISP $45 or $30 a month. I can't get confirmation that Verizon really has a plan where you pay $5 and use your minutes for checking email. I wonder whether I already have everything I need:

Can I use my new Treo 650 once I get it to dial in to a dial-up 56k ISP? I keep one of those from my user group as a back up, and I don't use it. It only costs me $8 a month, and I would think the Treo could connect that way. Do any of you know if it can?

TIA.
    I've had my T600 connect to RoadRunner's dial-up service no problem. you'll need to do some googling about the appropriate scripts to assign for your ISP, but yes, its possible. For me, though, it was slower than VZW's network, but still fine for minor things like mail and sports scores, etc.
    You can use regular dial-up to access the internet on the Treo? What do you mean by appropriate scripts? Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    http://www.ubergizmo.com/2004/08/tip...unlimited.html

The script I was referring to is a logon script that your ISP could probably provide you. Basically, it allows the two "computers" to talk to each other.