Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goober408
    Just get a Verizonized one and that way you wil be able to use MOU. I am and so are 10 other friends of mine
    Sorry, don't know what you mean by a "verizonized" one. I'll do a search. Any tips would be gratefully appreciated.
    BTW, this is a Verizon Treo 650.
    This is a sprint treo 650 that was converted to work on verizon
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I ordered mine from Verizon and it will be delivered by Fedex tomorrow. Reading this thread convinced me that Verizon is not a carrier for me. I will return the shipment and go for Cingular or Sprint. I've heard many good things about Verizon service before, but it appears they went downhill pretty quickly.
    So basically I have to call and try to get my data plan removed completly and make sure they dont even put me on the pay-per-kb plan right? I'd rather have the MUO plan so I hope they will be able to do it for me. Has anybody done this recently and not had a problem?
    Also, if anyone has the specific MUO plan code or something that will help the rep look it up if they are clueless, that would be great.
    So I called up to ask about the MUO plan and the rep started telling me about this new promotion that recently started for a voice/data plan that costs $39.99 for 450 anytime minutes with unlimited data usage. At first I thought no way that they would be offering this, and I kept asking many questions and confirming that it indeed is what he is saying. He didnt sound like he was clueless, but I have to see this to believe it. The plan code he gave me is cor2a and its referred to as the "Core Choice 450 Unlimited Data Plan". He said this plan or promotion is mainly for a big data user and not voice user, but in my case I would still be using around 450 anytime minutes a month with much more data...if it is indeed unlimited.
    Quote Originally Posted by JmakVR6
    So I called up to ask about the MUO plan and the rep started telling me about this new promotion that recently started for a voice/data plan that costs $39.99 for 450 anytime minutes with unlimited data usage. At first I thought no way that they would be offering this, and I kept asking many questions and confirming that it indeed is what he is saying. He didnt sound like he was clueless, but I have to see this to believe it. The plan code he gave me is cor2a and its referred to as the "Core Choice 450 Unlimited Data Plan". He said this plan or promotion is mainly for a big data user and not voice user, but in my case I would still be using around 450 anytime minutes a month with much more data...if it is indeed unlimited.

Anyone else confirmed this? Wonder what they can do with family share...
    The core choice plan is $79.99, not $39.99. You save $5 on data.

Verizon reps are unfortunately becoming more and more clueless. Grab the plan if you can, but keep a very close eye on your data billing on the first few days. Chances are it won't be provisioned correctly.

I've started to go into the stores for any CS needs I have. The folks there have been around for a long time, are generally more knowledgable, and usually get things right the first time.
    I've got a data plan (feature) through VZW that gives me 40Mb of data for $20. I mentioned it here and also on two other forums weeks ago, but for some reason, this feature seems to be next to impossible to come up with when you call and ask for it & I'm not sure why. It is listed as a data feature for pda/smartphones and is called KB40.

There are even some sceptical posters who thought I was making this up, but here's a screenshot from my account summary on VZW's website.
    This works out well for me since I don't typically use more than 40mb per month today.

Also notice that additional kb usage is $.0040, which I was pleasantly suprised to find out upon examining the first bill I got
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    Me and my friend now have the $39.99 unlimited data/450 minutes plan. I will try to get a screenshot. Just call up and ask about it.
    I've had terrible luck with Verizon in trying to buy a 650 withOUT the data package. I went to buy 2 of the 650's and was told that I had to buy the data pack. Since I didn't want $100 phone bill and already had the 600, I said, "just give me another 600 then." They've been "backordered" for months, so no luck. I bought a new 600 on Ebay for $300 and went in to have them activate it. They said it needed the data pack to which I said that I already had a 600 W/O the data pack. He called tech support and they finally set it up.

Here's why: The 650 constantly pings the network looking for a connection whether you want it to or not. WithOUT the data plan, you get charged on a per-minute basis; some forum users are reporting $1000+ phone bills in one month. Imagine the screams from that! They cannot switch this feature off, so if you just want a phone with a PDA, you are initially out of luck.

Very poor marketing! They force you into the data pack to build a larger customer base (and profit), and screw the people who just want a working phone with a PDA.
    Actually, it's it doesn't ping the network and use minutes all by itself. It only does that if you have wireless sync or some other kind of software installed telling it to do so. The 650 will work fine as a phone and pda without using any data plan at all.

By default, when you purchase a 650 from VZW, you are set on the "pay-as-you-go" data plan which will bill you $.015 per kb of usage. If you don't use the data end, or any software which will use the data feature, you will not be billed for any data at all.

-jeff
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    Me and my friend now have the $39.99 unlimited data/450 minutes plan. I will try to get a screenshot. Just call up and ask about it.
    Are you sure they put you on the Unlimited data plan/450 min (Core Choice)for only $39.95? The web site lists the Core Choice (under PDA/Smartphone plans) as $79.99. The price you quoted is for a regular America's Choice 450 min plan.
    Palm IIIxe --> Palm 505 --> Kyocera 6035 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by WildeMan
    Are you sure they put you on the Unlimited data plan/450 min (Core Choice)for only $39.95? The web site lists the Core Choice (under PDA/Smartphone plans) as $79.99. The price you quoted is for a regular America's Choice 450 min plan.
    Yes, I am sure. When I asked why this plan was not on the website, they could not answer why.
    Yes, I am sure. When I asked why this plan was not on the website, they could not answer why.
    Interesting. I only asked because there was another thread where the EXACT same thing was told to someone (I can't find the thread right now), so they signed up and purchased the 650, and then they were told it was an error.

If its true, I'd get it in an instant. Did they give you any paperwork or something to specify it? I'd love to bring a copy of it with me to the store and get the same deal.
    Palm IIIxe --> Palm 505 --> Kyocera 6035 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700wx
    I hope you guys are calling and getting this plan while it lasts. I have allready talked to 4 verizon reps who have confirmed I am on a 450 anytime minute/unlimited data plan for $39.99.
    So, as long as I don't use the net on my 650, I won't be charged?

Thanks!
    Is there any more info, possibly pictures, etc. that would verify the existence of this plan to the powers that be when I call Verizon tonight to try to wrangle this plan for myself?

Thanks!
    BarryT

I hope you guys are calling and getting this plan while it lasts. I have allready talked to 4 verizon reps who have confirmed I am on a 450 anytime minute/unlimited data plan for $39.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by BTLew81
    So, as long as I don't use the net on my 650, I won't be charged?

Thanks!
    Isn't there a function with the VZW where it pings the internet every so often so that even if you don't try to use the net, you'll still get some pretty hefty charges? I think the only safe thing is to disconnect your access or reconfigure it.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast