1.    #1  
    Hello,

I just recently purchased a Treo 650 through Sprint and am loving it, except for one thing: call Waiting (i.e. wanting to hang up on the first call when a second comes in, or wanting to hang up on the second call to go back to the first) I've done enough reading on this board to know other Sprint Treo 650 users are having the same problem. What I'm confused about is this:

Almost every one of the discussions on this problem comes back to "This is a CDMA/Sprint network problem". I'd like to call shenanigans on this. My brother has one of the Sprint flip phones, and can handle multiple calls/call waiting/hanging up just like you would expect. This leads me to believe this is a Palm problem and NOT a Sprint problem. Can anyone shed some more light on this? Sprint Customer service wasn't very helpful with this issue...

Thanks in advance!
    Tim
    The Treo line (even the T600, maybe T300 too but its been so long..) always had an issue with call waiting and changing between callers.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I have very similar issues on a Verizon Wireless Treo 600 (CDMA). I have found it to be a bit of an irritation, but I have learned to deal with it.
  4.    #4  
    Unfortunately I expected more from my expensive "do-it-all" phone
    I don't think anyone said it was a CDMA issue and not a T600 issue. All the CDMA phones i've ever used, including those $9.99 ones, handle this issue fine.

Erik
    After poring over these boards, I finally got it. The T600 allows you to hold or swap calls easily. If you want to hang up on one caller, simply press the backspace key when you are done with them. It looks like you have disconnected both, but the phone rings in a few seconds and the first caller is there. It seems to you as if they called back, but it seems to them as if you simply picked them up from hold.
    Quote Originally Posted by tifosiv122
    I don't think anyone said it was a CDMA issue and not a T600 issue. All the CDMA phones i've ever used, including those $9.99 ones, handle this issue fine.

Erik
    Actually all of the palmone bigwigs said just that a all of the treo roadshows last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Actually all of the palmone bigwigs said just that a all of the treo roadshows last year.
    Someone should have called BS on the spot with a regular CDMA then...don't let people get away with such excuses that are obviously wrong.

erik
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM
    After poring over these boards, I finally got it. The T600 allows you to hold or swap calls easily. If you want to hang up on one caller, simply press the backspace key when you are done with them. It looks like you have disconnected both, but the phone rings in a few seconds and the first caller is there. It seems to you as if they called back, but it seems to them as if you simply picked them up from hold.
    I wonder if this is in the manual ?
  10.    #10  
    Well, after some test calls, I can say with certainty that the "backspace" trick doesn't work on the Treo 650
    the bug where you cannot disconnect either a call waiting or conference called party still exists in 1.08, but at least when the 2nd calling party in a call-waiting call disconnects, you can still receive additional call waiting calls now (you couldn't on either the Treo 600 or the 650 before this 1.08 update).

The GSM version of the treo rocks for these features.. you can conference call up to 6 people and disconnect anyone. Sprint and Verizon haven't gotten a clue about why a business user would possibly want to do that..
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves
    The GSM version of the treo rocks for these features.. you can conference call up to 6 people and disconnect anyone. Sprint and Verizon haven't gotten a clue about why a business user would possibly want to do that..
    Now that is a plus!