1.    #1  
    I can't believe this hasn't been posted here yet.

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/vbbs/at...ttachmentid=79

It looks legit. This is great news.
    All that and a $45 data plan for a non-EV-DO capable device.
    They'll sell some due to great coverage, but I sure don't want to pay that much for something Sprint charges $15 for and Cingular charges $25 for.
    1 megapixel camera?
    Internet Explorer? Dual LCD screens? The antenna on the wrong side?

I don't think so
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Whats with the "Dual 65k LCD screens"??
    That plus the fact that the little picture (lower right) isn't a Treo, although it's probably a generic Accessory Package picture.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Mytreo.net has been accepting pre-orders for the Verizon 650 for a couple of days now
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Photoshop, that red banner has been added.

Here's as close to official confirmation as I've seen...

http://mytreo.net/news/archives/000436.php
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Photoshop, that red banner has been added.

Here's as close to official confirmation as I've seen...

http://mytreo.net/news/archives/000436.php
    I noticed that after zooming in. But it looks "real."
    And I was going to mention the mytreo.net news but I was so excited about the pic, that I forgot. Oops.

The more I look at it, it doesn't make sense. Dual 65K screens?
    Upon further inspection, this looks bogus.
    I apologize for posting this link. I got over excited because I want to believe it's true.
    Last edited by patchs; 04/03/2005 at 04:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman
    All that and a $45 data plan for a non-EV-DO capable device.
    They'll sell some due to great coverage, but I sure don't want to pay that much for something Sprint charges $15 for and Cingular charges $25 for.
    I really hope VZW drops their non-EV-DO data plans in price once they roll out EV-DO.

I'm beginning to actually regret not switching to Sprint when I got my new Treo. Considering what a Sprint hater I used to be, that's a big deal.

I've been an incredibly happy Verizon customer, and have accepted that they will always be SOMEWHAT more expensive (up to 20-30% more for similar features) than other service providers (and in return I get superior customer service and coverage), but with the Treo 600 and data capabilities, I'm getting annoyed with Verizon jerking us around and charging 3x the price. I could accept if VZW were charging $20-25 for unlimited data when Sprint was charging $15, but $45 in addition to killing CSD data via Quick Net Connect (I think it was officially called Quick2Net, but the login/pw was always qnc/qnc...) really pisses me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy
    but $45 in addition to killing CSD data via Quick Net Connect (I think it was officially called Quick2Net, but the login/pw was always qnc/qnc...) really pisses me off.
    I have Verizon and a 600 and QNC works fine for me. I dropped my $45 data plan months ago, QNC is good enough for basic internet use. I put the $45 into the $80/month PCCard for my notebook and I am much happier.

Erik
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy
    I really hope VZW drops their non-EV-DO data plans in price once they roll out EV-DO.

I'm beginning to actually regret not switching to Sprint when I got my new Treo. Considering what a Sprint hater I used to be, that's a big deal.

I've been an incredibly happy Verizon customer, and have accepted that they will always be SOMEWHAT more expensive (up to 20-30% more for similar features) than other service providers (and in return I get superior customer service and coverage), but with the Treo 600 and data capabilities, I'm getting annoyed with Verizon jerking us around and charging 3x the price. I could accept if VZW were charging $20-25 for unlimited data when Sprint was charging $15, but $45 in addition to killing CSD data via Quick Net Connect (I think it was officially called Quick2Net, but the login/pw was always qnc/qnc...) really pisses me off.
    That's why I just switched from VZW to Sprint and it works fine for me. Cheaper and similar coverage.