Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    i just got my treo650 today

    its really cool.. but i dont know how to use everything yet

    i will have to spend alot of time i think

    i have question for u guys

    i have sprint profasional vision pack

    with this, if i use internet like palm.com, treocentral.com etc, am i gonna be charged or its free?

    cause its confusing me so..

    just want to make sure before i got huge bill for this

    and one more question, if i use msn or aim with my treo and talk with my freinds, do i have to pay extra or is it include in my vision pack?

    sorry guys, i tried to search but it just confusing more..

    thanx
  2. #2  
    with unlimited vision you can surf all you want for that set fee of $15. a messenger is not included but you should look into verichat its a great app that will allow you to be connected to msn aim icq and yahoo at the same time and also send and receive files like you would on your pc.. hope this helps.. and enjoy your 650..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by donric609
    a messenger is not included
    thanx alot

    so u mean, to use messengers, i will have to pay for program

    or

    i will have to pay for messeges that i send and received thru messengers

    it doesnt matter if i have to pay for program, but i dont wanna use it if i have to pay for messeges thru messengers
  4. #4  
    you will have to pay for the messenger but you will not have to pay for messages sent or received thru it. your thinking of text messages which are completly diffrent..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
  5. #5  
    But, they need to know to use a specific program (like Verichat as you mentioned.)

    Y! Messenger and AIM can be set up for phone use without something like Verichat, but it would count as text.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6. ehosey2's Avatar
    Posts
    309 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    But, they need to know to use a specific program (like Verichat as you mentioned.)

    Y! Messenger and AIM can be set up for phone use without something like Verichat, but it would count as text.
    But if you have unlimited vision with the unlimited text messaging, it doesn't matter then that Yahoo and AOL IM count as text. I use my Sprint 650's built in AOL and Yahoo IM applications with no problems as they came configured on the phone. It is a good alternative to purchasing Verichat. At the end of the billing cycle, all I see is the total amount of text messages used and no extra charges. Just make sure to get unlimited text messaging with the Vision plan.

    The best thing to do is set up an AOL IM and a Yahoo IM account on the laptop or desktop. Then use your sign in procedure on the 650 and it should work smoothly.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2
    But if you have unlimited vision with the unlimited text messaging, it doesn't matter then that Yahoo and AOL IM count as text. I use my Sprint 650's built in AOL and Yahoo IM applications with no problems as they came configured on the phone. It is a good alternative to purchasing Verichat. At the end of the billing cycle, all I see is the total amount of text messages used and no extra charges. Just make sure to get unlimited text messaging with the Vision plan.

    The best thing to do is set up an AOL IM and a Yahoo IM account on the laptop or desktop. Then use your sign in procedure on the 650 and it should work smoothly.
    This is true IF you have unlimited TXT. It's not given to you. Vision comes with 100SMS/mo. You have to add the unlimited txt plan.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8.    #8  
    thank you guys

    i really have to play with new treo..

    difficult to use for me lol

    hehe

    thanx and good luck
  9. ehosey2's Avatar
    Posts
    309 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    This is true IF you have unlimited TXT. It's not given to you. Vision comes with 100SMS/mo. You have to add the unlimited txt plan.
    Yes, that is true about 100 SMS per month with Vision. I guess I forgot that being with Sprint for so long, I get the old school Vision plan with the free unlimited text messaging. It might not hurt to ask for that option of free unlimited texts. I mean, you are only spending 450.00 to 600.00 dollars on average.....not counting those 329.00 deals..... for a phone, depending on the purchasing criteria involved. And BTW, Vision is free with any plan over 2000 anytime minutes last time I checked.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2
    Yes, that is true about 100 SMS per month with Vision. I guess I forgot that being with Sprint for so long, I get the old school Vision plan with the free unlimited text messaging. It might not hurt to ask for that option of free unlimited texts. I mean, you are only spending 450.00 to 600.00 dollars on average.....not counting those 329.00 deals..... for a phone, depending on the purchasing criteria involved. And BTW, Vision is free with any plan over 2000 anytime minutes last time I checked.
    Ahhh..you old skool Vision guys.

    One last thing to note, Sprint may give you free Unlimited Text for two months when you sign up. Don't get used to it and forget about it after two months. Might get a rude awakening on your third bill. It's only an extra $5 for unlimited text so, $15 for Vision plus $5 for unlimited text is still a great deal.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  11.    #11  
    i have $35 pcs free & clear plan
    300 anytime minute, all minute include long distance
    unlimited night and weekend minutes (9pm-7am)
    and professional visionpack (i assume its free for first 2 month)
    and i got unlimited pcs to pcs for free

    its enough to play with treo for me i think.. ay.!
    i dont really use aol and yahoo for IM, i'm MSN person so..

    thanx guys
    Last edited by MIQ228; 04/02/2005 at 07:30 PM.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by MIQ228
    i have $35 pcs free & clear plan
    300 anytime minute, all minute include long distance
    unlimited night and weekend minutes (9pm-7am)
    and professional visionpack (i assume its free for first 2 month)
    and i got unlimited pcs to pcs for free

    its enough to play with treo for me i think.. ay.!
    i dont really use aol and yahoo for IM, i'm MSN person so..

    thanx guys
    Thats pretty much my setup, except I have the 7pm-7am Night minutes.

    You should have Vision for two months free and then the $15 charge will kick in. That, plus the 650 was the reason why I switched. Cheapest data and text plan available.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."

Posting Permissions