1.    #1  
    I hope someone can help me with this because I've tried everything I can think of...

I updated to the Verizon firmware on my Sprint Treo 600 using the instructions posted here and token writer, now I'm trying to switch it back to the Sprint firmware so I can give it to my father (I'm going to get a 650 and Verizon-ify it) as he's on Sprint.

I tried using token writer to trick it into thinking it was a Sprint phone with a older firmware, but the Sprint firmware updater keeps returning an error saying that the firmware on the phone is newer than the one I'm trying to flash.

I've tried everything I can think of, but I'm out of ideas. Any help would be GREATLY apprieciated. I'd really love to get this figured out before April 4th as that's my dad's birthday and I'd really love to give him the phone then...

Thanks.

jello
    can you use Shadowmite's base SprintPCS ROM (www.shadowmite.com) ?

Not sure if it's supposed to work for un-Verizoning phones, but it might be an option...
    He said 600

4.    #4  
    I'll answer my own question in case anyone else runs into this problem...

When you run the sprint firmware updater it complains that the current firmware is newer and quits. You have to hit "ok" for it to reset - DON'T HIT OK! Do a pin reset then run the program called "DM" that will now appear in your programs - that'll do it.

And of course you need to use Token Writer to change the values back to Sprint first.

On a side note, I walked into a Sprint store to see if I could convince them to flash a new firmware on it - can you guess what happened? They told me that they see this all the time and they "refuse to help". Makes me very happy NOT to have Sprint as my provider. Not "sorry, we can't help" but "We refuse to help you." Nice.