1.    #1  
    I accidently (REALLY!) dropped my wife's Treo 300. Sprint sent us a new 600 in the mail in 3 days.

The 600, after updates and such, keeps crashing about 1 min. after you put it into wireless mode.

Is this a situation where you simply return it and gamble on getting a better one? Or is there a fix for this I haven't found in my google/treocentral searching?

Thanks for your help--
  2.    #2  
    UPDATE: The phone doesn't crash until you sync it. It stays on the Sprint network as it comes out of the box, but after we sync, it won't stay on the network.

The data is from our Treo 300; when we installed palm 5.1.2, it deleted apps that were not compatible. Is there something else I should have deleted? The only thing extra is Avantgo.
    There are specific steps on the palmOne site for upgrading. Should be easy to find.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    There are specific steps on the palmOne site for upgrading. Should be easy to find.
    Good Luck
    Here's the palmOne link for the instructions:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=38162

LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  5.    #5  
    Thanks, TT.

This turned into a complete nightmare.

I figured out that an app was causing the problem, likely connection manager.

I backed up my files from my previous install (I later discovered I only backed up the calendar), sync phone, and then deleted palm desktop.

I reinstalled palm desktop. I imported the files I'd exported, again thinking I had everything when I only had the calendar.

I followed the instructions, on upgrading, thinking I had backed up all data (whcn actually I'd only exported the calendar) and then discovered, after the phone (which had the only complete copy of the memo, todo and address dat files) hard reset after doing the treo600 rom update.

Now I had successfully destroyed the last remaining copy of the three dat files I needed.

There were then tears from my wife. Lots.

I used file scavenger to find the directories/files that had been deleted, but it can't find them; I did find an old user folder with an old address book. And then I searched for the specific file names (memopad.dat and so forth) and found corrupted copies.

We are screwed, and this is the second time I've deleted vast a amounts of data from my wife's phone/pda with no recovery possible.

I should have checked everything, not just the calendar, when I double checked to make sure my export/import had worked. Instead, I only checked calendar and then overwrote the last good data on the phone with the 600 patch.
    If I were you, I'd put everything down & go out to buy your wife some flowers. That's a start.
    LOL
    Last edited by TurboTiger; 03/31/2005 at 06:47 PM.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
  7.    #7  
    I think I need two bunches--roses for her and plastic ones to put next to my tombstone.