1.    #1  
    I have this idea and I thought it deserved a thread. I was a little put off by the cost of the treo at first. But I did a little thinking and digging and found a way to solve this problem. I called up sprint and they told me that for abslotely no fee I could transfer my plan to someone else. This means I didn't have to pay a early termination fee. And after doing that you can purchase a cheap Treo 650. There around 300 dollars from Treo central. And there you go!
    "Murphy was an optimist."
    Quote Originally Posted by fleebailey33
    I have this idea and I thought it deserved a thread. I was a little put off by the cost of the treo at first. But I did a little thinking and digging and found a way to solve this problem. I called up sprint and they told me that for abslotely no fee I could transfer my plan to someone else. This means I didn't have to pay a early termination fee. And after doing that you can purchase a cheap Treo 650. There around 300 dollars from Treo central. And there you go!
    treo's are $300 on treocentral?
    where?
    link me
    Quote Originally Posted by fleebailey33
    Doesn't work. And there you go!
  4.    #4  
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...18&adl=sidebar

Link for them. Their 319 after rebates.
    i see...you mean with new activation
  6.    #6  
    Exactly. My whole point was you can get rid of your old plan free and save all that money getting a new activation.
    the only downside with this idea is that you need to find someone willing to take over your current contract, which would benefit you, the person in a contract, but be a disadvantage to the new sprint user as they would not get any promotions and have to pay full retail price for a new phone, unless they were willing to use your used phone.
    Cingular Blue
    Treo 650 (now unlocked)
    Firmware: 1.05
    Current Software: Treo650-1.04-CNB
    Also they would have to take your phone number, and you would have to get a new one.
  9.    #9  
    Wouldn't bother me.
    I had to cancel mine a little while back because I moved to an area where Sprint wasn't very prominent. Sprint let me out of my contract at no cost (contract was not up yet). After having Verizon and Cingular for a few days (and realizing that I hated both for numerous reasons) I went back to Sprint. I got the instant rebate on my phone as if I was a new customer with no problem. Don't know if this works everytime, but it did work for me.