webOS Nation Forums >  Carrier Discussion >  North American Carriers (CDMA) > Sprint Employer Discount List or The List that Sprint won't release
Sprint Employer Discount List or The List that Sprint won't release

Old 03/24/2005, 03:41 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougKoz
California government educational institutions go through "State of California" and get 15% off. Thanks for letting me know!
Wow, the lady gave me 24%, she might have made a mistake a put me under a "specialized" classification, or maybe it's because I'm a teacher at a higher education Institution, who knows.
PunkAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/2005, 09:38 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgreen
I called about the Credit Union 10% - the rep said yes it is available, that I'd have to go into a Sprint Store or a Radio Shack and present proof of membership (eg my credit union ATM card). They would then switch my account to a Business Account and change the dates of my billing cycle, but that my plan would otherwise stay the same.

Oh - they also offered me unlimited minutes (yes, minutes) for $200...not something I was interested in but others might benefit.

Thanks for the tip!
glad you benefitted!!!
Old 03/26/2005, 02:36 AM   #23 (permalink)

Wow! This is great! I'm a member of Patelco Credit union. I'm calling that business accounts phone number ASAP. I'll let you know what I get!
###
KevMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2005, 02:40 AM   #24 (permalink)

of course...it figures...I just remembered I had paid/put my Sprint PCS bill in the mail earlier today, then I read this thread hours later...better late than never I say!
Old 03/27/2005, 12:04 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkAce
Wow, the lady gave me 24%, she might have made a mistake a put me under a "specialized" classification, or maybe it's because I'm a teacher at a higher education Institution, who knows.
I called them a couple of days ago and the CS person transferred me to business accounts. When the business accounts rep couldn't find the name of my school district in their data base, she asked me to go to my school principal and ask him what name our district goes by. I kindly suggested that I couldn't think of what other name they could legally call themselves, and she got very snappy with me and said she couldn't help if I wasn't able to get the information. Yikes. I guess I'll try again in a couple of days.
lfcfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2005, 04:25 PM   #26 (permalink)

I might have to try again ina few days too. Regarding the list, apparantly (sp?), you can't be a member of a credit union, you actually have to work at a credit union. Is this correct?
###
Old 03/27/2005, 10:41 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevMeister
I might have to try again ina few days too. Regarding the list, apparantly (sp?), you can't be a member of a credit union, you actually have to work at a credit union. Is this correct?
###
no, just have a Credit Union Account, according to the brochure...
Old 03/27/2005, 11:38 PM   #28 (permalink)

Yep I still have my Arthur Andersen 20% discount from umpteen years ago, well (2000). Right before they laid me off (then ENRON went public the next week). Of all the people to let go, they let the interns go first ROFL!!!!! j/k. At least I still have my 20%
When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
jfmcdowell357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/28/2005, 01:30 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebar
They will eventually verify your employment. They did for me.
Not only did they verify my employment, I had to fax them a copy of my corporate ID.
larry91403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/28/2005, 01:48 PM   #30 (permalink)

s_strosberg: when you have a moment please tell us how you got your credit union (membership) discount. For example, did you have to call multiple times until you got a CSR that "got it"? Didja call a special number not seen in this thread, etc. etc.
###
Old 03/28/2005, 04:28 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevMeister
s_strosberg: when you have a moment please tell us how you got your credit union (membership) discount. For example, did you have to call multiple times until you got a CSR that "got it"? Didja call a special number not seen in this thread, etc. etc.
###
Actually, I'm not even w/ SprintPCS @ this time. I just wanted to see the Treo650 in person & drool a bit, seeing as I am with VZW at the time, & agoning over whether VZW will or won't carry the 650.

There was a banner next to the store entrance mentioning the partnership, & brochures of the like for the taking. I'm evaluating my options right now as the 650 is the main thing in keeping me a customer, or whether it's time to shop for a new carrier!!!
Old 03/29/2005, 01:59 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_strosberg
Apparantly, if you are a member or belong to a Credit Union (any) I'm assuming, you automatically get a 10% discount off all Monthly Recurring Charges.
I wish I had know this about 2 years ago.... I just called and gave them the info on my credit union and they changed my billing date by one day and gave me the 10% discount. The rep didn't say anything about needing proof. I just gave him the credit union name and told him my member account uses the same address as my Sprint billing address.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 03/29/2005, 02:53 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_strosberg
Actually, I'm not even w/ SprintPCS @ this time. I just wanted to see the Treo650 in person & drool a bit, seeing as I am with VZW at the time, & agoning over whether VZW will or won't carry the 650.

There was a banner next to the store entrance mentioning the partnership, & brochures of the like for the taking. I'm evaluating my options right now as the 650 is the main thing in keeping me a customer, or whether it's time to shop for a new carrier!!!
I was (still am) a verizon customer but the 650, a great signal, and my 25% discount may sway me to stay with Sprint...
CRSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/29/2005, 07:02 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRSO
I was (still am) a verizon customer but the 650, a great signal, and my 25% discount may sway me to stay with Sprint...
I can totally understand. That could sway me too, if VZW doesn't get their booties in gear!!!
Old 03/29/2005, 07:02 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by norpah
I wish I had know this about 2 years ago.... I just called and gave them the info on my credit union and they changed my billing date by one day and gave me the 10% discount. The rep didn't say anything about needing proof. I just gave him the credit union name and told him my member account uses the same address as my Sprint billing address.

Thanks for sharing!
No Prob!!!
Old 04/04/2005, 06:47 PM   #36 (permalink)

Sweet!!!,

Thanks a bunch guys!! I've been with Sprint for almost 8 years now and had no idea about this corp. discount until reading here. I called this morning and got 25% off my bill and upgraded my plan from the 300min. fair & Flex. plan to a 1000min. area wide plan along with vision. Also, since I just upgraded to a new Treo 650 about a week ago these changes won't effect my new contract date. Thanks again for the great info.!!!
treo4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/05/2005, 10:00 AM   #37 (permalink)

Just called Sprint again and they did give me the generic 10% off due to credit union membership. She kept trying to search for the specific CU name but found it under "Credit Union". The first CSR would not give it to me because they kept searching by CU name instead of looking for a general discount based on being a member of any CU. Just an FYI
arh1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/2005, 02:07 PM   #38 (permalink)
2yd

Just got off phone with Sprint National Accounts and you can add Wells Fargo to the list at 24% off. (888-312-0050)
2yd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/2005, 02:24 PM   #39 (permalink)

I just called and got 15% for USAF...can I get the $10 Vision too? I guess I need to call again.

I was previously getting 5% for being in the AF, (got that when I signed up, Sprint rep in the store was part time and was active duty) I called and spoke to a rep and said that all my co-workers were getting 15%...she asked me to hold to verify the discount rate, came back and said I did indeed qualify for the USAF 15% discount.

Not retroactive though....sheeesh...I was in a war for cryin out loud...can't I get a break?

Can you mix the 15% discount with the $10 Vision, both together?
mattyparanoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/13/2005, 02:35 PM   #40 (permalink)

what if you just got your contract renewed? can you then re reup if you qualify under your employer?
mrgarza is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0