1.    #1  
    I've had my Sprint Treo 650 for 10 days now and here's what I've found. Just seeing if these things are normal.

- I miss calls. When I first got the 650 I wanted to show folks the whole Assignable Picture/Ringtone thing so I had folks call my cell while standing right next to them. Twice it went direct to Voicemail. I will be sitting in areas with great reception, but then just suddenly have a voicemail. No ringing, no, missed call notification, just suddenly a new voicemail because the call never came through. Happened twice today in areas where minutes later I would receive calls. Is this a "phone thing" or a Sprint Service thing. This is my main gripe with the new phone. I NEVER would miss calls like this with the 600. It's very aggravating as I'm "on call" a lot and can't afford to miss calls. When this happens, I'm not doing anything else on the phone. The phone is just sitting there.

- Speed Dial. There is a noticeable difference from selecting a Speed Dial button to when it starts dialing. It's so noticeable that I often think that it didn't go through and press the button again, only to have it hang up immediately and cancel the call. Is this common on the 650's? My friend who also has a 650 says his lags a bit too and he's "hung up" on a few calls, but it just seems weird that there would be no lag on the 300 & 600 but then a lag on the 650.

- Syncing. I sync to a mac and the sync will occasionally just quit. It doesn't "unexpectedly quit" where a dialog pops up, it'll just stop. I'm trouble shooting this one.

- I love salling clicker. It really is the best piece of software I've spent money on in awhile.

Anyway, those are my initial thoughs on the quirks of my phone. Would love to know if some of these are "normal" or if I should go get a new one.

Thanks

Grant
    --
    Visit www.throwingtoasters.com
    Sorry, but I can't comment on all of your questions. Here's what I can offer in feedback:
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterBoy
    - I miss calls. When I first got the 650 I wanted to show folks the whole Assignable Picture/Ringtone thing so I had folks call my cell while standing right next to them. Twice it went direct to Voicemail. I will be sitting in areas with great reception, but then just suddenly have a voicemail. No ringing, no, missed call notification, just suddenly a new voicemail because the call never came through. Happened twice today in areas where minutes later I would receive calls. Is this a "phone thing" or a Sprint Service thing.
    I've only had mine for three days, but I have not experienced this problem so far.
    - Speed Dial. There is a noticeable difference from selecting a Speed Dial button to when it starts dialing. It's so noticeable that I often think that it didn't go through and press the button again, only to have it hang up immediately and cancel the call. Is this common on the 650's? My friend who also has a 650 says his lags a bit too and he's "hung up" on a few calls, but it just seems weird that there would be no lag on the 300 & 600 but then a lag on the 650.
    I also had this problem, but I was told that it is very much improved with the new firmware update for the Sprint Treo 650. You can get it following the link on the front page of TreoCentral. I'd let you know how it works, but I'm in the middle of the update myself
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Missing calls: I have had the same problem but have not been able to pin it on the phone or Sprint yet. I will have the phone sitting next to me in the car and will only hear the Voicemail chime but never get a ring. The one thing I noticed is that it has has happened when someone is calling me from their cell phone and not a land line. Don't have a large enough sample to know if this is a cause or not...
    Quote Originally Posted by ToasterBoy
    - I miss calls. When I first got the 650 I wanted to show folks the whole Assignable Picture/Ringtone thing so I had folks call my cell while standing right next to them. Twice it went direct to Voicemail. I will be sitting in areas with great reception, but then just suddenly have a voicemail. No ringing, no, missed call notification, just suddenly a new voicemail because the call never came through. Happened twice today in areas where minutes later I would receive calls. Is this a "phone thing" or a Sprint Service thing. This is my main gripe with the new phone. I NEVER would miss calls like this with the 600. It's very aggravating as I'm "on call" a lot and can't afford to miss calls. When this happens, I'm not doing anything else on the phone. The phone is just sitting there.
    I've been a new Treo 650 owner for three weeks now and although I haven't missed a call on it since I got it, I did have this same problem with my previous Sprint Samsung flip phone (non-smartphone). It would only happen when I was at home (??) and at random times. I was on the phone with Sprint various times on this problem but it persisted off and on. My guess is that it is a Sprint network problem.