1.    #1  
    will the 5 mb data plan that verizon has be enough?

if i use daily..for a few conversations

im thinking if the compression is good..it shouldnt be that bad
    but can anyone help out?
  2.    #2  
    anyone?
    I think 5MB is plenty just for that purpose!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Here is an old test i managed to finally find. It's only based on 4 hours, but its a data count using MSN on a Pocket PC
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Here is an old test i managed to finally find. It's only based on 4 hours, but its a data count using MSN on a Pocket PC
    i looked that over...and im amazed. very intresting. is there an app that can test that out for palm? because if so...im on a pay as i go data plan...15 cents/ 1k. so i wonder....if i use verichat for an hour or so...if it will send out less than a 1k and therefor would cost me nothing. i badly wanna see how this would work. anyone wanna try?
    Quote Originally Posted by thestartingrole
    i looked that over...and im amazed. very intresting. is there an app that can test that out for palm? because if so...im on a pay as i go data plan...15 cents/ 1k. so i wonder....if i use verichat for an hour or so...if it will send out less than a 1k and therefor would cost me nothing. i badly wanna see how this would work. anyone wanna try?
    You may want to look into
    TrafficStat. I haven't tried it (I have unlimited SMS and Internet w/Sprint), so I can't give you a yea or nay on it.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    It worked great on the 600. I was going to install it on my 650 but there is no mention of it's compatiblity with the 650 so at the moment I've stayed away.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You may want to look into
    TrafficStat. I haven't tried it (I have unlimited SMS and Internet w/Sprint), so I can't give you a yea or nay on it.
    i tried out that trafficstat....im using softickPPP with my comuter to try the internet out on my treo. like 10 IMs through Verichat AIM was like 50Kb...that cant be right so big? and that thread that used MSN messenger was like nothing...this right?
  9.    #9  
    if u say its 10 IM for 50k

then u roughly get 1000 IM's for 5mb
    sounds correct?

any one else have input though
    Quote Originally Posted by unknownvirus
    if u say its 10 IM for 50k

then u roughly get 1000 IM's for 5mb
    sounds correct?

any one else have input though
    now that is pretty ****ty....damn it i wish verizon werent such dicks and gave us free dial up internet like they do with all there other phones. greedy punks lol
  11.    #11  
    its not all that great
    but i think i can manage
    so i guess ill try it out