1.    #1  
    Has anyone done this? It looks like the best price option is to get their $7 a month world roaming. Sprint.com also doesn't say anything about data..How does that work is email/web access on the same per minute charge?

Thanks
    Japan has a cellular system that is NOT compatible with Sprint or GSM.
  3.    #3  
    Are you speaking of data only then? Because Sprint.com lists the voice at .07 per minute once you get the monthly package.
    Quote Originally Posted by robangel
    Are you speaking of data only then? Because Sprint.com lists the voice at .07 per minute once you get the monthly package.
    Do you mean .07 minute for calling to Japan? As far as I know you can not use a CDMA phone in Japan. I would love to be corrected.
  5.    #5  
    Ah maybe that is it...calling to Japan. The World CDMA org lists a lot of CDMA carriers in Japan (and indeed Latin America and much of the rest of the world except Western Europe). I just assumed because a place had a CDMA network you could roam if they had agreements with Sprint of course.

....BTW dennisl love your Avatar ..I have the same graphic saved on my PC. Would have loved to have been there, but that was about 26 years before my time.
    For what it's worth.
    WHen I was at the Nartita (sp?) Toyko airport, my CDMA Treo 600 would not work nor the Nokia GSM/GPRS AT&T that I had.
    Japan does have a CDMA phone network, but the frequencies used do not match those used by US CDMA phones
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.