Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Do you think we will get the 650 on Verizon now?


    http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/smart...treo/index.php
  2. #2  
    That would be cool. Sprint is also rolling out their EVDO in May so I wonder if they will announce it too.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  3. jstpa's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #3  
    Now things are getting interesting. Anybody think that prototypes are out and being tested by Verizon? If not, it will be several months post-May before we'll see a Treo on VZW.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jstpa
    Now things are getting interesting. Anybody think that prototypes are out and being tested by Verizon? If not, it will be several months post-May before we'll see a Treo on VZW.
    the plot thickens!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
  5. pump142's Avatar
    Posts
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    #5  
    not to bust any bubbles, but how likely is it that VZW will be the first to release anything new? historically, not very
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    not to bust any bubbles, but how likely is it that VZW will be the first to release anything new? historically, not very
    I think it's reasonably likely in this case. They won't be the first with the Treo 650, but they want to have a major differentiator to get people over. Heck, I'd consider switching to Verizon for EVDO. Does anybody know what their unlimited data plan will cost on EVDO?

    I have to admit the unlimited $15 a month is a pretty sweet deal (Sprint) and for an extra $5 a month you get unlimited roaming on Verizon anyway (though voice only, not data).
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    I think it's reasonably likely in this case. They won't be the first with the Treo 650, but they want to have a major differentiator to get people over. Heck, I'd consider switching to Verizon for EVDO. Does anybody know what their unlimited data plan will cost on EVDO?

    I have to admit the unlimited $15 a month is a pretty sweet deal (Sprint) and for an extra $5 a month you get unlimited roaming on Verizon anyway (though voice only, not data).
    Good lord, I just called Verizon -- $45 a month for the data plan on top of whatever voice plan you get! And that's not even the EVDO one. Nevermind, I think I'll wait until Sprint gets EVDO...
  8. #8  
    Since Sprint offers their current data plan so cheap I'm sure the EVDO plan is going to be a bit pricey.

    If Verizon has a EVDO ready T650 I know I'm going to be a bit jealous .
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by DougKoz
    Does anybody know what their unlimited data plan will cost on EVDO?
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1770829,00.asp

    "BroadbandAccess for PDAs makes you pay more up front for an expensive PDA/ phone, but costs less monthly. It currently works solely with the $549 Audiovox XV6600 PDA/phone. For $45 a month, you get unlimited Internet on your PDA or laptop, using the XV6600 as a Bluetooth or USB modem. There's one big catch: Bluetooth speeds seem to be capped around 400 Kbps, and the USB function isn't supported, so you must configure the USB modem based on hobbyist Web sites if you want a faster connection than Bluetooth offers."
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    not to bust any bubbles, but how likely is it that VZW will be the first to release anything new? historically, not very
    yes but they were the first to come out with a treo that was actually reliable. thats something....
  11. #11  
    this might be a stupid question, but once sprint does roll out EVDO will we (existing treo 650 users on sprint) have to buy a NEW phone to get that service or will it work on our existing treos?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    this might be a stupid question, but once sprint does roll out EVDO will we (existing treo 650 users on sprint) have to buy a NEW phone to get that service or will it work on our existing treos?
    It will not work on the 650. The radio does not supprt evdo
  13. #13  
    I've HEARD that the Vision prices will not change with the release of EV-DO, and that they're going to relaunch the service as Vision 2.0.
  14. jstpa's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by eldiablo
    yes but they were the first to come out with a treo that was actually reliable. thats something....
    They were also the first to roll out EVDO.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    I've HEARD that the Vision prices will not change with the release of EV-DO, and that they're going to relaunch the service as Vision 2.0.
    Sure will be nice if that happens.

Posting Permissions