1.    #1  
    Just wondering if there are any differences between a Verizonized 650 and what Verizon would actually release. I know that Verizon hasn't released their version yet, and it is still speculation as to whether or not they will actually release one. But what if any are the differences? Am I going to be giving up anything by going with the Verizonized version. I don't want to buy the phone and do the conversion if Verizon is going to release their version with alot of the "bugs" worked out. Let me know your opinion. Thanks.
    If the Verizon version isn't released how would we know what's different?
    Quote Originally Posted by k2bum
    Am I going to be giving up anything by going with the Verizonized version. I don't want to buy the phone and do the conversion if Verizon is going to release their version with alot of the "bugs" worked out.
    I know that a lot of people have reported their hacked T650s working just fine and I really haven't seen too many complaints on the board. Having said that, I think the biggest thing you'll be giving up is vzw tech support and a warranty. I personally don't feel comfortable hacking a T650 because I know that vzw tends to be very protective of their data services. With the T650 being a data workhorse, I'd hate to have a T650 that has sketchy data capabilities as opposed to a well-tested vzw phone. Further, there is some talk that vzw is pushing for an evdo capable 650. To my knowledge, the Sprint phone is not evdo capable. In the off chance that vzw does produce an evdo T650, I would be disappointed at not being able to use that, considering that the data plans supposedly cost the same.

Having said that, here's your curve ball: many people have presented convincing arguments about why vzw may not release the T650. I'm waiting anxiously for it too, but based on vzw's history I am doubtful it is coming soon, if ever.
    Well, if the T600 was example for comparison, I think those who had a Verizonized T600 and a Verizon one can tell us the the Network difference. There are many more bugs on the T650 that be attributed to the device itself that may not make this an ideal example. But my opinion is that yes, the majority of the bugs will be addressed by Verizon as well as add/remove features according to their networks before their official release. As a result, the "projection" release dates will be indefinitely unknown.