1.    #1  
    I really really would like to get the 650 for Verizon, but the more people that I talk to at VZW say that they are not planning on carrying the phone because it is not ED-VO capable. So the only other alternative out there is to buy a Sprint CDMA version and do the conversion.

So my question is how many problems are you(the people that have done the conversion) having with your phones? Any program conflicts? Loss of service? Etc? Any information is appreciated. Thanks.
    I've done several conversions. I haven't had any problems with voice calls thus far. Data sessions have been excellent with the exception of the last two days. My Treo seems to lose the connection with the server once in a while and automatically reconnects. I don't think this is an issue with the Treo though, it's something to do with Verizon. It may be a glitch in their system. It happens from time to time.

Otherwise, I've been overjoyed with my Verizonized Treo 650. It ROCKS!!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Can you send pictures from your 650? I'm getting an error message. VZW won't talk to me about the issue, because, "we don't support the 650.
    No, you cannot use picture messaging (MMS) with a Verizonized 650. I found this to be the only real caveat to Verizonizing. However, you can send pictures via email.

I don't use MMS anyway and as long as SMS works that's fien with me.
  5.    #5  
    Ok, so far picture messaging is the only feature that does not work? So other than that you are telling me that everything else works just fine( i.e. signal strength, text messaging, etc.)?

Does the Sprint version only come in the blue color, or does it come in the silver like normal?
    I like blue ... it actually matches one of my shirts. :-)
    I just got my Verizoned Treo 2 days ago. The only problem I am having is the voice quality. Most everyone I call says my voice is clear, but fades in and out. Yesterday one of my callers says I sound real low. The person I bought mine from has been great with helping me(thanks Mo). Wish I could be more help, but so far so good.
    Nathan, you may want to try one of Shadowmite's custom ROM patches. I have ROM #5 installed and it has improved voice quality as well as speakerphone quality.

Glad you're liking it overall!
    Yup, signal strength and text messaging work spot on.

Sprint only comes in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by k2bum
    Ok, so far picture messaging is the only feature that does not work? So other than that you are telling me that everything else works just fine( i.e. signal strength, text messaging, etc.)?

Does the Sprint version only come in the blue color, or does it come in the silver like normal?
    Thanks for the info.