Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    For Sprint users maybe
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Lol
    I know this has probably been asked before and I apologize if it has. But..If we've used any of the custom ROM's from Shadowmite, do we have to re - flash back to standard Sprint ROM before applying the official Sprint ROM update if it actually comes out?
  4.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiweeman
    I know this has probably been asked before and I apologize if it has. But..If we've used any of the custom ROM's from Shadowmite, do we have to re - flash back to standard Sprint ROM before applying the official Sprint ROM update if it actually comes out?
    Not sure if anyone knows for sure but the smart money is on yes.

I will be reflashing with the rom posted here...

http://www.shadowmite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=77

supposedly found on an sd card ina new sprint treo 650 box.

Thanks again shadowmite!!!!!
    Can't wait!!
    My bet is that it will reflash the entire ROM contents; regardless of current content. They know how many of 'us' have Custom ROMs....this would make it easier for all.
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more
    I wonder if the BT mute issue is fixed. The TC article was kind of vague on that point.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I just hope it works better than past Treo patches and fixes the issues it is supposed to address. So that all the folks crying about those problems and a patch release date can SHUT UP. And hopefully Treos for other carriers will have it soon too.
    I guess this ROM update is going to bring back all those unwanted programs that we removed from ROM like versamail and realplayer. We are going to ask Shadowmite to help us with the new ROM so we can copy snappermail and all that software that some of us have moved to ROM.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    We are going to ask Shadowmite to help us with the new ROM so we can copy snappermail and all that software that some of us have moved to ROM.
    Make sure to ask him veeerrryyy nicely.
    Yeah, and don't use any CAPS. Or else he'll think you're yelling. and he'll leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by petesamprs
    Yeah, and don't use any CAPS. Or else he'll think you're yelling. and he'll leave.
    hahaha
    -Cal
    I'm sure shadowmites PRC editor can delete these files again.
    yeah.. he could.. but I doubt he will because of some *ssholes on here!
  15.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I'm sure shadowmites PRC editor can delete these files again.
    don't count on it
    Has Spring released this update yet?
    I just checked with our Sprint rep (in the KC HQ) about the possibility of getting the update before the message is sent out to our end-users. He said that it is possible and as soon as he receives the link, he'd send it to me. That was yesterday... looks like they are behind schedule.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    I just checked with our Sprint rep (in the KC HQ) about the possibility of getting the update before the message is sent out to our end-users. He said that it is possible and as soon as he receives the link, he'd send it to me. That was yesterday... looks like they are behind schedule.
    Well, the weather has been nice. I'd much rather be drinking and playing golf too.
    Casio A10 -> Casio E100 -> IPAQ 3600 -> IPAQ h1910 -> Treo 650 Sprint

www.techyrants.com
    Still nothing.. hmm.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast