1.    #1  
    Help!!! I recently signed up to switch my phone number from Nextel to Sprint PCS, but the number porting wasn't supposed to have taken place for a few more days. Instead, they ported my number early, and as a result, my Nextel service seems to be inactive/cancelled. Unfortunately, I still have voice-mail messages left on my Nextel voice-mail that I needed to get at to copy down some information. I've called Nextel several times and they've informed me that those voice-mail messages are now gone and unrecoverable. However, I've had a lot of problems with Nextel over the past few years, and so not only do I not trust them at all, but I wouldn't mind pushing hard to try and recover my voice-mail messages if its at all possible. Anyone know if those voice-mail messages are really gone, or should I try and push Nextel? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- marc
    Dude I gotta tell ya...

Nextel is telling the truth this time. Once you port your phone somewhere else OR switch your number with the same provider... ALL VM msgs are gone.

Sorry.