1.    #1  
    how well is sprints insurance, that one that covers complete damage for $5 a month. I have that and just found out my cats chewed up my phone and put a hole in the screen. I don't know where my boxwave screen protector went either. They've manage to take it off and chew up my new s650 skin case also.

will sprint replace it?
    Do you already HAVE the insurance? If so, yes. Sprint will probably refer to you Lockline, who will replace it for the $50 deductible.

If you don't have lockline, and want to get it, be advised that if you tell them the phone is damaged they won't cover it. As part of the sign-up process, they call your phone to make sure it works, and then there's a waiting period. 31 days, IIRC, before your coverage kicks in.

But getting insurance on an already damaged phone, and filing a claim, is probably fraud.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by keokio
    will sprint replace it?
    Are you talking about the phone...or the cat?!?!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    HA! I had the same questions. Some crazed puppies chewed my phone. They didn't damage the phone functionally, but it looks like crap now. I signed up for insurance in the beginning. I wonder if they will replace the phone just for cosmetic damage. I suppose I'll have to call.....
    For just cosmetic damage, I'm not sure. Is it worth spending $50 because of cosmetics? But a hole in the screen (first post) is certainly more than cosmetic.

Also, remember that Lockline will only replace a phone twice within 1 year, so don't use the insurance unnecessarily, or it may not be there when you really need it.
    Bob Meyer
  6.    #6  
    yah i did have the insurance before, so they better replace it. I'm calling them today. thx for your help guys.
    What makes a cat chew like that? I have a 2 year old and one that hasnt turned 1 yet and niether have ever chewed on anything I have laying around. I'm messy too. LOL. Thought just dogs did that.
    I better delete PalmNip off my treo asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I better delete PalmNip off my treo asap.
    Replace it with a fish tank screen saver
    They are very good about replacing the phone. If it is a 650, chances are it will be a new one. You can get it replaced as long as you report that it is broken. I do not know what type of tests they run on the phone (you must return the other phone) when you send it back. I only had to pay 35 dollars to replace my phones when they were damaged or lost. You can just about make any complaint that makes the phone "non-functional."
    The deductible for 'insurance' replacements has been raised to $50 from $35. OTOH, the 'processing fee' for extended warranty coverage is now only $10, instead of $35.
    Bob Meyer
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by nicegoogly
    They are very good about replacing the phone. If it is a 650, chances are it will be a new one. You can get it replaced as long as you report that it is broken. I do not know what type of tests they run on the phone (you must return the other phone) when you send it back. I only had to pay 35 dollars to replace my phones when they were damaged or lost. You can just about make any complaint that makes the phone "non-functional."
    I called them up and they said what I'm going to get is a reconditioned phone... kinda sucks but i'm suppose to be getting it today so we'll see how it turns out.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlannoo
    What makes a cat chew like that? I have a 2 year old and one that hasnt turned 1 yet and niether have ever chewed on anything I have laying around. I'm messy too. LOL. Thought just dogs did that.
    I'm sure it was the s650 case, because it was that soft jelly texture the cats like. I put the phone right in front of my cat and she started chewing on it again.
    Can you post a picture of your kitty? I'd for one, love to see the "TreoKiller".
    Quote Originally Posted by jlannoo
    Neither of my dogs has ever chewed anything other than their toys except one chews on tissues for some reason.
    I think the key for dogs is to make sure they have toys available and make sure they know to chew on those.
    I've had both dogs since they were puppies and now that I think of it, my dog I had before these two didn't chew on stuff either.
    I think it's a sign of boredom, or maybe seperation anxiety.
    No pictures???? C'mon, I'd love to see what a chewed up Treo looks like! Chalk it up to morbid curiosity...