1. JJL
    I am trying to sync Lotus Notes 6.5.3 with Sprint BCS and am ready to pull my hair out! I have the SW loaded fine on my home desktop and my Treo 650, and I am positive the client is running on my desktop, and that I am connected to my corporate network over my VPN, but I just can't sync. Please help me if I am missing something!

Every time I try to sync, I get the following error on my Treo: "S7121: Cannot connect to desktop. Please check your desktop client and try again." My desktop sits on a home LAN that is wired to DSL through a Linksys router.

Is it possible that there are some ports that I need to open up on the Linksys router to allow BCS traffic in? I have looked all over the Sprint site and read all the documentation, but I can't find anything. I guess I could call Sprint, but we all know how that goes. I would much rather ask for help from you guys.

Thanks a lot!
    See my post here..

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...126#post600126

This all assumes you are getting connectivity to your desktop.... which you can verify by looking at the slingshot.log file where you installed the desktop client. You'll see timestamps of activity of when you try to sync up to the point of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JJL
    I am trying to sync Lotus Notes 6.5.3 with Sprint BCS and am ready to pull my hair out! I have the SW loaded fine on my home desktop and my Treo 650, and I am positive the client is running on my desktop, and that I am connected to my corporate network over my VPN, but I just can't sync. Please help me if I am missing something!

Every time I try to sync, I get the following error on my Treo: "S7121: Cannot connect to desktop. Please check your desktop client and try again." My desktop sits on a home LAN that is wired to DSL through a Linksys router.

Is it possible that there are some ports that I need to open up on the Linksys router to allow BCS traffic in? I have looked all over the Sprint site and read all the documentation, but I can't find anything. I guess I could call Sprint, but we all know how that goes. I would much rather ask for help from you guys.

Thanks a lot!