Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    Yeah - that's what I meant -TOOOOO much $$$.

I was also confused by that EDGE statement in the add as well. I believe EDGE is supported in one of the GSM 650's. I believe it is supposed to be much quicker than any of the other high speed services for the 650 but not as fast as EVDO. Being P1 has modified the 650 for EDGE, you would think they would do the same for EVDO.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    i went to local verizon store(suburb of atlanta), they said probably end of may.alway end to next month +1+1+1etc.....
    I just saw this morning at 5:00 A.M. Eastern time, on Verizon homepage, Treo 650 coming soon to Verizon. Zip code 27284. There is a link showing the details of the phone. I for one, am sooooooooo excited. I know alot of you are to. Hopefully it won't be long now. Just a quick heads up. Check out this link.http://www.vzwshop.com/treoinfo/
    I am also very excited. I simply can't wait.
    I wonder how much the phone is gonna be sold for. I bought my Verizon Treo 600 for about $500. Now it's considerably less.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    Now we can celebrate!
    Finally! There is light at the end of the tunnel!
    My only fear is this is just to shut us up and it could still be months away....But hopefully end of April will be the correct date!
    Quote Originally Posted by boxters2
    I just saw this morning at 5:00 A.M. Eastern time, on Verizon homepage, Treo 650 coming soon to Verizon. Zip code 27284. There is a link showing the details of the phone. I for one, am sooooooooo excited. I know alot of you are to. Hopefully it won't be long now. Just a quick heads up. Check out this link.http://www.vzwshop.com/treoinfo/
    Can you give us the url please; doesn't seem to show on my location
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a4skyhawkpilot
    http://www.vzwshop.com/treoinfo/
    Quote Originally Posted by a4skyhawkpilot
    Go to Products -> Phones, and the link should appear in the "info" panel on the left side of the screen...
    as long as it is out anytime between 09/2005 & 11/2005, I am ok as I'm in contract till about that time...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs
    Now we can celebrate!
    Finally! There is light at the end of the tunnel!
    Yeah... hopefully that light isn't just from a speeding train!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Thank god!

Here's hoping for Late April or Early May release
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
    Ok this is my first post, and I hope it makes everyone smile as much as it did me! Here's the disclaimer on the bottom of the "Coming soon post" on Verizon's site about the Treo 650!

"*Disclaimer: The Treo 650 supports the following Bluetooth Profiles: wireless headset, hands-free accessories, file transfer and synchronization with compatible PCs. It does not support all profiles, for object exchange (Obex). Accessories sold separately. See verizonwireless.com/bluetooth for details. *Check with accessory manufacturer for compatibility."

Does this mean we get to sync directly with our computers AND can use DUN?! I sure hope so! My hopes are getting higher and higher!!!!
    I didn't see anything about EVDO... The page doesn't mention connectivity at all. Does that mean we'll get EVDO or we're all screwed?
    They didn't mention it as a "key feature" so I would assume no EVDO.
    This looks good enough that I am going to wait for it. I just hope they have done their homework at reducing the bugs.
    First post so I understand if folks raise an issue of credibility since I've earned none here - nevertheless I just switched jobs and my new employer encourages (by paying the data and phone expenses) us to have a BB or a Treo. As an old Palm user this was a no brainer but as a long time Verizon customer (only provider with sufficient coverage in areas where we travel) I have been anxious to get either a 650 or take advantage of a lower 600 price and have been lurking here for awhile reading and learning.

Anyway, from a reliable source (i.e. friends affiliated with Verizon) I've been talking to them about switching everything to a Treo and they have a notice that the launch date is April 11, but warned me that it was frequently a week or two after that before they actually have units in hand and checked in.

So that is pretty good news in my mind.

Of course after everything i've read about 650 problems I'm starting to think a 600 would be just fine!
    This probably means (perhaps due to the lawsuit filed against them) that Verizon is being forthcoming about what profiles BT can and cannot support.

When the v710 was released many people were upset that BT was cripped and included no obex stack and various other profiles support. It prompted anger among consumers which translated into an on going class action lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by soundguy900000
    Ok this is my first post, and I hope it makes everyone smile as much as it did me! Here's the disclaimer on the bottom of the "Coming soon post" on Verizon's site about the Treo 650!

"*Disclaimer: The Treo 650 supports the following Bluetooth Profiles: wireless headset, hands-free accessories, file transfer and synchronization with compatible PCs. It does not support all profiles, for object exchange (Obex). Accessories sold separately. See verizonwireless.com/bluetooth for details. *Check with accessory manufacturer for compatibility."

Does this mean we get to sync directly with our computers AND can use DUN?! I sure hope so! My hopes are getting higher and higher!!!!
    Well with the verizon treo 650 you have to sign up for a data plan where as the sprint converts still use the min of use thingy cuz it sees it as a audiovox....is this correct? can you do mou on the new 650
    It looks like it's going to have Wireless Sync which was the curse of most using the 600 and verizon. (constant pinging) This also means that there will be no standard email app on the treo and no Mac support with Wireless Sync unless something has changed since the 600 came out.