Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vitasthefetus
    i've been waiting for the 650 but all this talk of a $150 600 is tempting me to buy the older model. the thing is, i can't find the $150 price (after rebates) anywhere! my verizon site (zip 20004) says it's $250, and at that price, i'll just wait for the new technology. anyone have a link to a $150 Treo 600?

The only way that I found it was to go in to a local corp store, and you have to sign up for a unlimited data plan ($50 per month) but then can take it off after the first month.
    Just an FYI... I just fount this posted on www.mytreo.net in the News Archives: I'm just a mere messenger, but add this fuel to the fire!!!

MTDN starts selling Verizon Treo smartphones!
    mytreo.net site news Wednesday, March 30, 2005
    mytreo.net is very pleased to announce that we're now shipping the Verizon Treo smartphones! The Treo 600 model is available now, and the Treo 650 will be available soon. We have made special arrangements with one of the most powerful wholesale channels for palmOne smart phones to make a large quantity of Verizon Treos available at amazing prices! Get your Verizon Treo 600 today!

CLICK HERE

To Get Your Verizon Treo 600 now!

PalmOne Treo 600
    Everything a smartphone should be. Only smarter. The Treo 600 combines a phone, email, messaging and Internet with a built-in camera and one-handed navigation so it's easier than ever to get things done on the road. The real beauty? It's the size of a mobile phone. Order your Verizon Treo 600 now for an amazing $274.99!

http://mytreo.net/news/archives/000431.php
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    I just received my 600 for $149 [$149 = $299 - $100 (Verizon loyalty credit - you have complain alot) - $50 rebate].... nonetheless, I thinking of sending it right back and waiting for the Treo 650.

Anytime I asked the customer service reps on the phone if they had the 650, they always had to step away from the phone to double check. It definately felt like Verizon is almost ready to release it.

(OvaGirl's home away from home)
    My business rep told me that it wont be till late Summer. Not sure if trust him or not. But anyway, I just bought a Treo600 from Verizon, replacing my XV6600.
    I figure for $160 bucks, I could sell it on ebay for almost that, even after the 650 comes out.
    I could have held on to my 6600 until then but I figured, since I just got it replaced with a brand new one from asurion, it has the greatest value right now, being brand new and still new to verizon. So its on ebay.

Mark
    Mark, did you get the same "loyalty credit" as OvaGirl, did you do the $100 rebate for a data plan, or was there some other trick you used to get the $160 price? My phone's dead now; I'm not sure I can wait!

Thanks,
    Jacob
    Just some speculation on my part but I would strongly think that Verizon would only carry the 650 if it supports EVDO. The main reason is because I've read that VZW does not currently have a single phone that supports EVDO. Currently they can only sell the service to PC users. They have to be busting at the seam trying to open the EVDO market up to cell phone users as well. Think of how much more revenue they could have. The bigger question to me is what would they price it at? The PC price of $79.95, the $45 price for unlimited cell phone data they have now, or would they finally drop it down to something competitive with Sprint?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I guess we can forgive you since you're an Eagles fan. VZW has phones that support EVDO. The XV6600 is a windows smartphone. Unlimited EVDO data is $45 with a calling plan.

This thread is full of speculation that VZW won't release the 650 until it is EVDO capable. Lots of people wish that wasn't the case, but few seem to doubt it anymore.
    I confirm jstpa. I used the VX6600 in NYC for a few weeks, plenty fast, but did not love the OS and returned to the T600. My corp rep still indicates the T650 will be on VZW's network, but he is not sure when and he is as in the dark as we the consumers.
    I just found the Verizon version of the Treo 650 on "pre-sale" at http://mytreo.net/store/product.php?...c243ad14adf34c if you believe it!
    Has anyone heard anything recently regarding a new, more reasonably priced data plan from Verizon?
    I suppose I could maybe justify paying $45 for EVDO, but the Treo 650 (I doubt) will have this capability. $45 for a conventional data plan is 3X Sprint's price.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Heh. I'm praying that once EVDO gets rolled out, 1xRTT will become reasonably priced.

I'm using a virtual modem connection to Earthlink on my 600 for now. I'm beginning to wonder if I should've waited until summer to upgrade my phone, but the 650 will probably be out of my price range for quite a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by jstpa
    I guess we can forgive you since you're an Eagles fan. VZW has phones that support EVDO. The XV6600 is a windows smartphone. Unlimited EVDO data is $45 with a calling plan.

This thread is full of speculation that VZW won't release the 650 until it is EVDO capable. Lots of people wish that wasn't the case, but few seem to doubt it anymore.
    I guess the PC magazine broadband article I read from just a few months ago is already outdated. It had said that VZW only had EVDO support for transmitting pictures via picture phones - but no web browsing or email capabilities. At any rate, even just having EVDO support for one phone is still pretty weak. And a $45 calling plan is not going to get me to switch.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    does anyone know if the mytreo.net verizon early order is for real? They claim a third week of April ship date. Has anyone bought anything through this site before. I want 650 ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarcia
    does anyone know if the mytreo.net verizon early order is for real? They claim a third week of April ship date. Has anyone bought anything through this site before. I want 650 ASAP.
    They are "for real"
    There's been some speculation that this Verizon 650 would have EV-DO capability. The MyTreo.net website says "High-speed Data Download (1-RTT or EDGE)". Does anyone know if that means EV-DO? The word "Edge" applies to the GSM model.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman
    There's been some speculation that this Verizon 650 would have EV-DO capability. The MyTreo.net website says "High-speed Data Download (1-RTT or EDGE)". Does anyone know if that means EV-DO? The word "Edge" applies to the GSM model.
    1xrtt is the old (slower) Verizon network. EVDO is the newer high speed network.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    And a $45 calling plan is not going to get me to switch.
    Actually, it's $45 PLUS your calling plan. That's what VZW's been charging all along - even on the old slower network.