Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    There has got to be something brewing... my corp rep shot back a quick.... "Which rep told you this?" when I mentioned treeoh's comment from his rep...

It was as if to say that no rep should be giving out that info. yet....

I agree with patchs.... somethings up
    I at least got a confirmation that is was indeed comming out from my rep. They said no firm date yet, and that they would probably know a day or two before it actually came out. She also said that I would probably have better information on the exact release date from places like treocentral.com if I could sift through the rumor.
    If I get some time soon, I'm going to go through every message board that has a VZW Treo 650 thread and try to piece together all of the info (and rumors) so we have a general idea of what's going on.
    I'm getting psyched, I'm going to my local VZW store Friday to pay my bill, so I'll be able to ask if there's anything new.
    Well, the techs played dumb, but I can believe them when they say, we don't know until a week before it's released.
    But they didn't say no either.
    One tech said the 650 will probably be B2B for the first 2 weeks but if I want it, they could get me one. That was optimistic.

Also, here's what I've gathered from some other forums. A Circuit City is getting their brochures in and their reps have already been trained.
    Some B2B reps have said the 650 is coming in April-May.
    Another guy said it will be April 21-23.
    Eventually, we'll get official confirmation, but I'm feeling confident that VZW will have the 650 before summer at the latest.
    I dont mean to lower expectations, I would like to remain optimistic, but just to let you know, When I worked at Circuit City, we got pamphlets for more than 50 phones a quarter, and the carriers only released about half of that...

I am waiting for a date to be leaked where I can go see it... I am tired of everyone and their brother saying, "I heard from my fathers brothers cousins nefew's former roomate that it will be released between now and eternity" We all have seen these types of release dates come and go, Unless I can go to a palm site, or a vzw site to see a release date... I dont want to hear what your corporate SALES PERSON has to say about a release date. all they have to do is keep stringing you on until another cool phone comes out then you will forget about the original one... if you want to learn a little more about marketing tactics take a business 101 course at ANY college.

Anyways, Hope to see the 650 for vzw soon.
    I spent 45 minutes on the phone today trouble shooting my current cell phone problems with a Verizon Wireless tech and I asked him when the 650 was going to be available. He asked me to wait while he checked internal on-line postings. When he came back on the phone he said nothing new posted today but that he gets this question every day! He wouldn't offer an opionins other than to say that it might not ever come! Not sure if this makes me nervous or angree?

Just thought I would pass on what I heard.
    MN Yukon
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XereX
    I dont mean to lower expectations, I would like to remain optimistic, but just to let you know, When I worked at Circuit City, we got pamphlets for more than 50 phones a quarter, and the carriers only released about half of that...

I am waiting for a date to be leaked where I can go see it... I am tired of everyone and their brother saying, "I heard from my fathers brothers cousins nefew's former roomate that it will be released between now and eternity" We all have seen these types of release dates come and go, Unless I can go to a palm site, or a vzw site to see a release date... I dont want to hear what your corporate SALES PERSON has to say about a release date. all they have to do is keep stringing you on until another cool phone comes out then you will forget about the original one... if you want to learn a little more about marketing tactics take a business 101 course at ANY college.

Anyways, Hope to see the 650 for vzw soon.

I'm glad that someone was willing to come in and mop the drool off the floor. I don't think that Verizon will release any new smartphones without EVDO and while I've heard optimistic news about Palmone and EVDO, very little of what I've heard jives with an April-May release date. Maybe June-July, but I'll be more than happy if I have to eat my words.
    I agee with what you guys are saying but to me the strongest indicator is VZW marking down the 600 to $150 (after rebates).
    I may not have a college degree in marketing but I do know when someone cuts the price, it's to make room for the new model.
    I looked back at this board when VZW offered the 600 last July and it's the same thing, bits and pieces of info leaking out in early July, then the launch in mid-July.
    If history repeats itself, that could possibly mean mid-late April.
    Only time will tell.
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    All these rumours... Well, here's another one. It's actually good info.

I was speaking with a rep friend in Washington DC yesterday and she said they have it available in the southern markets. Someone stopped in there from North Carolina with a Treo 650 from VERIZON. Hopefully it will be available soon. I'll have to pay full price anyway due to their horrible upgrade program...
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CRSO
    All these rumours... Well, here's another one. It's actually good info.

I was speaking with a rep friend in Washington DC yesterday and she said they have it available in the southern markets. Someone stopped in there from North Carolina with a Treo 650 from VERIZON. Hopefully it will be available soon. I'll have to pay full price anyway due to their horrible upgrade program...
    ok, you got us. I'm in Miami and I've had it for several weeks. See picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    jstpa - that was funny... anyhow, I'm going to drive down to atlanta tonight... is anyone interested in a group buy?
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jstpa
    ok, you got us. I'm in Miami and I've had it for several weeks. See picture.
    WOW! Did you do that yourself? It's so funny. So original and so funny.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzrich9
    jstpa - that was funny... anyhow, I'm going to drive down to atlanta tonight... is anyone interested in a group buy?
    I hope you're not making a special trip. On the Meriwether vaporware scale (which judges vaporware rumors on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being plausible and 10 being utterly ridiculous), this gets a 12.

If there were really other southerners getting this thing, there would be REAL
    pictures posted all over this board.
    Global Posts
    383 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jstpa
    I hope you're not making a special trip. On the Meriwether vaporware scale (which judges vaporware rumors on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being plausible and 10 being utterly ridiculous), this gets a 12.

If there were really other southerners getting this thing, there would be REAL
    pictures posted all over this board.
    I'm in Florida and have not seen it yet. And believe me, i check once a day ... sometime twice
    yup, just got back from atlanta on my magic carpet. still no verizon 650's, although the waffle houses were worth the trip. Guess I should've gone further south... I've heard 650 sightings as far down as rio...

On a somber note... I called asking about a 600 upgrade again, as I really want something until/if there's ever a 650... got to talking to a mean old tech who said they haven't started testing the 650 yet because they're waiting for an evdo one from palmone.

(just happy to contribute my 2 cents to the rumours.)
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs
    I agee with what you guys are saying but to me the strongest indicator is VZW marking down the 600 to $150 (after rebates).
    I may not have a college degree in marketing but I do know when someone cuts the price, it's to make room for the new model.
    I looked back at this board when VZW offered the 600 last July and it's the same thing, bits and pieces of info leaking out in early July, then the launch in mid-July.
    Only time will tell.
    You are right... I think they are making room for new stuff... but if you read what you even said, "The New Model"

When Pontiac knocked down the prices of the GrandAm Last year, they were making room for the new model... which might I add IS NOT A GRAND AM...

All I am saying is that they could be making room for something else.
    with no hard facts, I am not willing to say they are doing it for the 650. We have just as much reason to think they are doing it for the 670 running the winblows platform... and if that is the case, back to sprint I go...
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XereX
    All I am saying is that they could be making room for something else.
    with no hard facts, I am not willing to say they are doing it for the 650. We have just as much reason to think they are doing it for the 670 running the winblows platform... and if that is the case, back to sprint I go...

I doubt that either Palmone or VZW would abandon the Palm operating system without a good reason. It is easy to use and has a substantial following. It is more likely that the 670 would be sold alongside a 650 (or another model with the Palm operating system).

What does seem clear is that VZW won't sell either without EVDO - except at deep discount clearance prices like the 600.
    Bring posative for a minute and beliving the hype -- Say the phone is coming..

What's do you belive will be the quickest way to get it?
    1- Corporate reps
    2- Brick and mortor stores
    3- Verizon website
    4- Palm website

??????
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs
    Only time will tell.
    i've been waiting for the 650 but all this talk of a $150 600 is tempting me to buy the older model. the thing is, i can't find the $150 price (after rebates) anywhere! my verizon site (zip 20004) says it's $250, and at that price, i'll just wait for the new technology. anyone have a link to a $150 Treo 600?
    I don't have a link to buy online, but my husband was phone shopping this weekend and was offered the Treo 600 for $150 (after a $100 discount) at a local Verizon store. You might check your local Verizon stores for deals.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast