Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    I would like to see pics of your Verizon 650 as well.
    I have seen pics of test versions, but not official ones.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    As they say in Missouri, "Show me."
    IGNORE ANOTHER GOOD GUY!!!

In another thread he also claimed to have installed the Sprint 1.08 firmware update then ignored all following posts.
    Thanks, Dutch. I remember that Sprint firmware post.

Apparently this guy has the goods:
    New Sprint Firmware
    Official Verizon Treo 650

Maybe he's the got the EVDO version too!

Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    IGNORE ANOTHER GOOD GUY!!!

In another thread he also claimed to have installed the Sprint 1.08 firmware update then ignored all following posts.
    Global Posts
    383 Global Posts
    1 of 3

-----Original Message-----
    From: VZW Customer Care SE <vzwkanacsCustCareSE@gl.verizonwireless.com>
    Sent: Mar 22, 2005 12:07 PM
    To:
    Subject: Re: Equipment and Accessories

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website.
    We received your inquiry regarding the Treo 650, and we are happy to assist you.
    We are currently testing several wireless phones and PDA devices for use on our
    network. I can confirm that this includes the Treo 650, some BlackBerry products,
    and other high-end items. While we hope to offer the Treo 650 within the Second
    Quarter of 2005, we are unable to provide exact information regarding a release
    date or the certainty of a release. At this time, we are suggesting the PalmOne
    Treo 600 to customers who are interested in the Treos specific design features,
    and the Audiovox XV6600 as a Bluetooth alternative to the Treo 650. The BlackBerry
    7250 also offers Bluetooth for voice (but not for data). Some customers have also
    selected the Motorola V710 as an alternative to the Treo 650.
    To view all the currently available equipment, please click on the "Products"
    tab at the top of our www.verizonwireless.com homepage, and then choose "Phones"
    from the drop down menu. Additionally, if you would like to receive e-mail updates
    regarding new products and services, please click on "E-mail Updates"
    from the "Support" tab located at the top of our www.verizonwireless.com
    homepage.
    With the Verizon Wireless Worry Free Guarantee, your satisfaction is guaranteed
    for 15 days on any equipment you purchase from us. You pay only for the service,
    airtime, toll and roaming you have used. If for any reason you are not satisfied,
    you may return your purchase within 15 days.
    We appreciate your business. Please contact us at our website for any of your future
    needs. Again, thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services.
    Sincerely,
    Ian
    Verizon Wireless
    Customer Service
    "We never stop working for you!"
    The above response is subject to the terms of your Customer Agreement and calling
    plan, which apply to all lines on your account. Please read those materials for
    full details. Our liability is limited. In the event of a conflict between this
    response and the terms of your Customer Agreement and calling plan, the terms of
    your Customer Agreement and calling plan will govern. Verizon Wireless' calling
    plans, rate areas, rates, agreement provisions, business practices, procedures and
    policies are subject to change as specified in the Service Agreement. If you should
    have any questions or concerns regarding your service with Verizon Wireless, please
    contact us at 800-922-0204 or e-mail us through our website at www.verizonwireless.com.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2 of 3

Original Message Follows:
    ------------------------
    Ian,
    The problem with getting one of the other suggested phones is that I would hate
    to spend $500 dollars on a phone and then in a couple months, have to pay full retail
    price for the Treo 650 if and/or when it does come out on the Verizon Network.
    That means that I would be stuck if the Treo 650 came of on the 16th day of my 15
    Day worry free guarantee i would be stuck.
    Is there anyway Verizon could work with me on that. Possibly even by letting me
    pay the contract price for the Treo 650 if/when it does come out on the Verizon
    Wireless Network. I have been with Verizon for quite a while. I have contacted Cingular
    Wirless and am currently testing a phone on their network to see how good their
    coverage is compared to Verizons, and so far I am pretty impressed.
    I would like to stay with verizon, since for the most part I haven't too many negative
    experiences with your company. But after using the Treo 650 for a few days now,
    its going to be pretty hard for me to go back to my Kyocera 7135.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Thank You,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    3 of 3

Dear

Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless website. We are pleased to assist
    with your inquiry.

We understand your desire to own the Treo 650 and that it would be frustrating to
    buy a different phone and have the one you want be available shortly afterwards.
    As Ian mentioned, we do not have a release date for the phone at this time though
    it should be this quarter. We do not want to give a best guess as this may set
    expectations that may not be met. You are eligible to purchase a new phone at a
    reduced rate so the best price will be available to you when the phone is released.
    If you have any other questions, please let us know.

We appreciate your business. Please contact us at our website for any of your future
    needs. Again, thank you for using Verizon Wireless products and services.

Sincerely,

Gary
    Verizon Wireless
    Customer Service

"We never stop working for you!"

The above response is subject to the terms of your Customer Agreement and calling
    plan, which apply to all lines on your account. Please read those materials for
    full details. Our liability is limited. In the event of a conflict between this
    response and the terms of your Customer Agreement and calling plan, the terms of
    your Customer Agreement and calling plan will govern. Verizon Wireless' calling
    plans, rate areas, rates, agreement provisions, business practices, procedures and
    policies are subject to change as specified in the Service Agreement. If you should
    have any questions or concerns regarding your service with Verizon Wireless, please
    contact us at 800-922-0204 or e-mail us through our website at www.verizonwireless.com.
    aaarrrrggggghhhhhh.... they are frustrating aren't they..... spin.... spin....spin... I'm working on a project at work that is all spin, I feel like I'm in the spin cycle of life....
    Considering I think that's the very first official communication from VZW that confirms they're even testing the 650, I'll call that good news. That, together with the CDMA (Sprint) Patch today...
    So... yesterday, I decided to give a call to good ole cs to see about upgrading my voice only plan to the treo 600, after waiting long enough for the 650. While talking to the rep, I was actually encouraged not to purchase a 600, as the 650 is 'about to be released' and might better serve my needs.

He would not give me a firm date at all, but seemed to indicate it as a matter of days or weeks rather than months, particularly since he was a sales rep telling me not to spend more money right now.

just my 2 cents.

I did not mention the 650 at all in my conversation, that was all his initiative.
    I noticed yesterday that VZW's website's price fo the T600 has quietly dropped, as well. I think it used to be $350 with a rebate that brought it down to $299; now it's $299 with a rebate that brings it down to $249.
    I noticed this as well. This is a GREAT sign.

Quote Originally Posted by mshappe
    I noticed yesterday that VZW's website's price fo the T600 has quietly dropped, as well. I think it used to be $350 with a rebate that brought it down to $299; now it's $299 with a rebate that brings it down to $249.

although you still have the privilege of paying the extra 50.00 if you want to be free from the camera

There's an ad in Wed's USA Today that has the 600 for $150 after rebates. On Monday, the ad said $200.
    It is so obvious VZW is getting ready to intro the 650. I've been waiting patiently, I'm within 2 months of my contract's expiration, so my NE2 is ready to go.
    The first day my local VZW gets the 650, I'm there.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    So after my many months of lurking is my wait for the 650 finally over? Or should I go back and hide again?
    Hey, you guys. I have a friend that works at Palm and he told me that Verizon finally jumped on the ban wagon two and a half months ago. They started testing the 650 back then. Verizon will come out with the Treo650 soon. He told me that they would come out with it sometime in April / May time frame. He told me all this about two months ago.

He also told me that Verizon will be coming out with a PPC Treo650.

Last week I asked him what this link was all about:
    http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=7674

He told me that it was the PPC version of the Treo650. He also told me that he got the Verizon 650 a week and a half ago and that itís SWEEEET.

I will try to hit him up tomorrow and see if he knows of any release dates.
    Hey guys, My friends cousin has a friend whos ex-girlfriend new man works for the Men in Black. He says that they are using the Verizon version of the Treo 650 on some nearby planets *right now*. Reportedly, it is only a a matter of time before it will be available here. The delay is in the translation of the screen fonts from Belguise to english.

[Edit] Ahh.. sorry, I couldnt resist. I crack myself up.
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotoru
    Hey guys, My friends cousin has a friend whos ex-girlfriend new man works for the Men in Black. He says that they are using the Verizon version of the Treo 650 on some nearby planets *right now*. Reportedly, it is only a a matter of time before it will be available here. The delay is in the translation of the screen fonts from Belguise to english.

[Edit] Ahh.. sorry, I couldnt resist. I crack myself up.
    You're so late with that news, Hotoru.

I saw the full article on p.3 of the National Enquirer while I was waiting in line at the supermarket. I was getting a new flea collar for Orion.
    Just to add to the noise...
    My VZW business account rep just replied to the question- "...wondering if you guys were going to start carrying the Treo 650 and if so when? "

The response...

"Yes we will be it will be avail in April or early May. Could be sooner though. We have been expecting the device and it has passed our systems specifications so we will be carrying it."
    Sounds encouraging... I'm letting my corporate rep (large corp) know about all of the recent scuttlebutt to get his take. As soon as I hear from him I'll forward it along....
    Last edited by mikeyg54; 03/24/2005 at 01:34 PM. Reason: spelling error
    I just checked the Verizon Wireless website list of phones and the Treo 600 w/o Camera has been removed. Either not reordering that model in advance of Treo 650 or gave up on "no-camera" models.

BTW I used several DC area zips for that. Zip 90210 still has both 600 models.

If anyone hears of a waiting list, please post! My Samsung cell is good for about 4 hours of battery time and I can't get an extra cable for the office.

Thanks
    On Howardforums.com, a guy just posted he was told April 21-23 for the Treo 650 on VZW.
    There's too much info out there, which means, something's up.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast