Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Got an email from our VZW corporate rep (big corporation)...says to expect the 650 in April!
    Quote Originally Posted by aweber1nj
    Got an email from our VZW corporate rep (big corporation)...says to expect the 650 in April!
    Exciting stuff. That would be awesome if it did come out in April. That's about how long I'm willing to wait before I decide to go with a T600 instead. Keep us posted on any updates!
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    can you fwd a copy of the mail?
    Once again, as I posted earlier, my corporate rep (a very big corporation) sent the following email....

"the 650 will not support EVDO and we don't have a firm release date at this
    point. Keep checking in."
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Fuel for the fire.....my son is friends with the manager of a VZW company store. He told my son the VZW is not going to get the 650, they are going with the 700. Now what is the 700?
    Maybe he means the Samsung i730 Pocket PC phone?

I want the 650 on VZN so badly Blah.
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
    Most likely April 1st I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by aweber1nj
    I second the sentiment!

Quote Originally Posted by Frenzytom
    Most likely April 1st I am sure.
    Isn't April 1st some sort of special day? I can't recall which, but I think.....
    and it all started with a SHARP Wizard
    April 1st this year? or next?
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    I second the sentiment!
    Is April 1st just sentiment or do you or FrenzyTom have any reliable sources for the information?
    I've posted this before, but there was a link to a VZW sales site that said they were going to offer the 650 by the end of the first half of 2005.
    Now that was in Jan., so maybe it's changed, but that would mean sometime in the next 2-3 months.
    Just received this msg from cs

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. We apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry.

We appreciate your interest in the Treo 650 wireless phone, and we would be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately at this time, Verizon Wireless does not support the Treo 650. However, we are always testing new products to ensure that we offer the latest technology. Currently, we are unable to provide information regarding which equipment is being considered or approximate release dates, as this may raise expectations that may not be met. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
    Just a sentiment mocking Verizon's inclination and capacity to deliver the goods.

Quote Originally Posted by lfcfan
    Is April 1st just sentiment or do you or FrenzyTom have any reliable sources for the information?
    Just got Verizonized on my 650 (with thanks to illustreous), but while chatting up one of the more Treo-savvy VZ data support folks, he mentioned recently receiving an internal note/update on the 650 stating that it would be delayed (at best) due to its incompatibility with their BroadbandAccess offering. And since they've already rolled out a couple of these "NationalAccess/BroadbandAccess Capable" phones (e.g. UTStarcom / Audiovox XV6600 ) he doubted we'd see the 650 for at least 6 months ($80/mo. for this, so the economics behind rolling out a popular/competing 'smart/pda-phone' that cannot support this high-margin service is pretty obvious) -- if at all. And once again, this guy knew his stuff (relative to other VZ data folks).

So if you're on the fence like I was ("let's just give it another month"), this just might put you over the edge...
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    broadbandaccess on phones is $45, not $80. it doesn't have anything to do with margin. it has to do with not releasing a crippled device at $500 a pop.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Actually unlimited data usage with National Access is $49.99, but National Access with Broadband is $79.99. I just bought a Treo 600 because overall I am pleased with my Verizon service, which I have had for about 10 years. I am surprised they are not getting the 650 out sooner (though it certainly sounds like it has some bugs from reading here), and I do think their services are expensive, as compared to other carriers. That said, my #1 priority is the availability of decent phone service..and VZW does that better than anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    Just a sentiment mocking Verizon's inclination and capacity to deliver the goods.
    Well said!
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwife
    Actually unlimited data usage with National Access is $49.99, but National Access with Broadband is $79.99.
    I need clarification on this (excuse my ignorance ). Do you mean that if you wanted an unlimited data plan for one of the new smart phones that is evdo capable, either to use it as a modem or to use email/browser capabilities, you would have to pay $79.99 as opposed to the $40 you would pay for unlimited non-evdo data plans, such as the one available for the Treo 600?
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwife
    Actually unlimited data usage with National Access is $49.99, but National Access with Broadband is $79.99.
    This is wrong. The $79.99 price is for the laptop data card only. Phone access is $44.99 with a phone plan - broadbandaccess and nationalaccess both. You can go to the VZW site and set up an XV6600 and you will see.

See the last item on the following page:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...t&catId=335&rp
    Last edited by jstpa; 03/10/2005 at 10:29 PM.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast