Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    my device really stopped all that pinging stuff months ago. and yep I use Wireless Sync. My understanding is that VZ made some network changes to stop the pinging....so the 650 shouldn't have any of that....
  2. sj3
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I wonder if this baby will be compatable with '04 or '05 5-series BMW, which support BT. The Sprint 650 users get full functionality, i.e. 'favorite' phone book entries (not the entire address book) transfer successfully to the car's computer so you can scroll through your entries without using the phone and dial, etc. This is much more than the car functionling as a giant headset. I'm glad they have their 15-day get-out-free card. I think it will require some form of OBEX, but I'm not sure of the gory details.

Thanks,

sj
    nrosser, I'd like to ask if you've heard anything about a data plan pricing change.
    $45/month for a non-EVDO device is going to keep alot of us away, even if their coverage is better in some areas.
    I'd bet that with Cingular's edge, you get faster data speeds, and it only costs $25/month. In other words, what are they thinking at Verizon?
    Finally the 650 is coming. I don't need a data plan, just device simplification. I have a Tungsten C with all my office data, and a Motorola V710 that I'd like to substitute for this. Further, the 650 is compatible with my Acura TL.

Hallelujah!
    Stick - I don't think there's any changes, that I've heard about anyway. I guess our best bet will be to keep checking their website....
    v710 is a tri-mode phone and 650 is dual mode. Don't expect the same quality of coverage from both phone. Your coverage quality may vary - certainly on the downside - with the 650.

Quote Originally Posted by neuronbob
    Finally the 650 is coming. I don't need a data plan, just device simplification. I have a Tungsten C with all my office data, and a Motorola V710 that I'd like to substitute for this. Further, the 650 is compatible with my Acura TL.

Hallelujah!
    check out this link, is this real?
    http://www.younevercall.com/younevercall_announces.htm
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlineBrian
    It appears to be, even Verizon now has something up on their site....

http://www.vzwshop.com/treoinfo/
    All:

The Verizon Treo 650 offer/discounted pricing from https://younevercall.com/Treo_650_Verizon/ is only for new customers. Current VZW customers like myself may have to get it from VZW or P1.
    I appreciate this point, and already knew this. One of the advantages of the V710, despite its crippled Bluetooth (which I only use to connect with my TL anyway), is that I almost always have an excellent signal. If I don't like the 650's signal, I can always sell it and go back to what I'm doing now.

I'm mostly interested in the 650 because I am someone who would benefit from device convergence. Having one device on my hip rather than one in the pocket and on the hip would be wonderful, as I am both a heavy Palm and phone user.

Quote Originally Posted by illustreous
    v710 is a tri-mode phone and 650 is dual mode. Don't expect the same quality of coverage from both phone. Your coverage quality may vary - certainly on the downside - with the 650.
    After looking at a number of the boards regarding the T650 on Verizon and whether it will be EVDO enabled, the consensus seems to be evenly mixed between yes and no. I presently have unlimited data with an EVDO enabled data card on Verizon and the service rocks! While I've been with SPCS for years, if Verizon offers the T650 with EVDO, it's bye-bye SPCS.

So what is the consensus here, EVDO or not upon release?
    I don't know if there is a "consensus", but I feel the Verizon T650 will not be EVDO ready. And if it were given how people want it I think they would have already made it known.

They are not saying anything about EVDO because it does not have it.

And Sprint being a big P1 partner I'm sure they would be very upset if the Verizon T650 was EVDO ready before a Sprint EVDO ready Treo.

Every sign indicates to me it will not be EVDO ready, while the "hype" about it being EVDO ready really is just "hope".
    u guys...its not gonna have EVDO

the phone has already been announced
    go to verizons site

all the waiting is over
    its here now
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlineBrian
    Hi,

Yes we are for real! We have been a leading seller of Treo 650 phones for Sprint and Cingular, because we have among the lowest prices - and now we have Treo 650 pre-orders for new Verizon customers!

We even just became members of the BBB and will be displaying their logo early next week!

regards,
    Sam Michelson
    http://www.younevercall.com
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    And Sprint being a big P1 partner I'm sure they would be very upset if the Verizon T650 was EVDO ready before a Sprint EVDO ready Treo.

You would think so except for the fact that the Cingular 650 is Edge enabled which makes it faster than the Sprint 650 in the same way EVDO would.

Even if I knew for a fact that the 650 was EVDO enabled I wouldn't pre-order it for any price until an updated data plan price is announced. The bottom line for me is - EVDO enabled or not - $45 is too steep for ANY data service on a cell phone. For $45, I can get Verizon DSL at home ($30) plus high speed data on my Sprint phone ($15). Why should I pay 50% more for broadband on a phone than a computer and 200% more for it on a Verizon cell than a Sprint cell?!?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    It's been discussed many times and a few of you in this thread are comparing Cingular's EDGE to EVDO. EDGE is NOT comparable to EVDO speeds. EDGE speeds are more comparable 1XRTT speeds. Theoretically EDGE is supposed to be faster than 1XRTT but in the real world the speeds are just about the same.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Please don't compare "high-speed" data on Sprint with EVDO. It's like comparing Andy Reid to Terrell Owens in the 40. Very misleading.
    Please do not flame me, but I have it on very good VZW authority that the T650 will NOT be EVDO capabale (which I think we could assume at this point), and that it should be available in the business channel in 2-3 weeks.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff NYC
    Please do not flame me, but I have it on very good VZW authority that the T650 will NOT be EVDO capabale (which I think we could assume at this point), and that it should be available in the business channel in 2-3 weeks.
    argh !!
    VZW bad!
    Palmone bad!
    Just left a wireless zone store. Very helpful salespeople. They informed me that the $45 plan is not the only option. You can pay a $5/mo. fee, and be charged for web minutes as regular air time charges. Free nights and weekends apply. This is a great option for me as I will only use web access for email and to occasionally find information.