1.    #1  
    My CDMA is now equipped with unlimited picturemail, but it is through a web portal and we all know how safe that is (look at Paris Hilton and T Mobile), and slow! The major downpoint is that we cannot recieve MMS's from Cingular, AT&T, Tmobile, etc. So what can we do to remedy this? If we cant have a 3rd party app that will enable MMS, what program is best for Yahoo push email?
  2.    #2  
    I have now done my research on push email and the one that came on the 600 from Sprint is not working for me. I found a couple of options, and wanted to get some opinions.

Alleron Mail: The only one that I have found that boasts about Yahoo! connectivity. It doesnt seem to be popular, but maybe thats because it may be newer.

Snappermail: This thing has many packages, but none specifically states support for Yahoo! Mail. I have noticed that this is the popular choice.

Agendus Mail:I see that when bundled with Agendus, this can be quite a package. But again, no specific mention of Yahoo! Mail support.

Versamail: I hear it is flawed when set up to autosync, and that is what I intend to do.

Any comments on this new Alleron? Or should I forego all of this and set up a Fusemail account with Snappermail?
  3.    #3  
    I am trying out Aileron Mail now (trial version, which is the full version except SSL) and it is working. I have a few reservations about the manner in which it deals with attachments. It seems as though I might need to buy seperate plug-ins for view/run/upload attachments, and that isnt what I want from a program of its price. It is also somewhat unintuitive in how it deals with reading the mail. Instead of highlighting a messgae in the folder and clicking on it with your finger/stylus or pressing the center button, you must press the right arrow on the d-pad to pop open another menu with the read, reply, forward, delete options on it. But I can get used to that. How does Snappermail deal with attachments (in real life, not as advertised)?
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Looks like you're answering your own questions.

Sprint doesn't use true MMS, that's why it doesn't work with all carriers. I've been able to send them to Cingular, but not T-Mobile. None of my friends have picture phones, so I've never received anything from anyone.

As for push email, you may want to check out what's available from your carrier, especially if you're talking about your corporate email. Sprint's Business Connection and Cingular's Xpressmail are very good.

Joe
  5.    #5  
    Yeah, I have my own thread going on here! But its cool! It seems as though this push email thing has blown up on other threads, so my questions are kinda getting answered there. I figured that I would leave MMS alone, since that is a carrier issue no software will probably fix, and instead rely on getting a good email client. That way, if someone needs to send me a pic, they can do so to my email and I can use an email client to download that email (with instant notification, of course) with its attachment to my phone. So far, I have tried Aileron and I am in the process of ringing out Snappermail. I have been hearing some cool things about Chattermail, so that may be next. My problem is that I dont have a corporate account or AOL. I rely on my free Yahoo! Mail for everything! So I need a client that will fetch Yahoo. Unfortunately, Aileron does so but asks for a yearly fee! Snappermail and most of the other clients need POP access, which Yahoo only provides if I pay a yearly fee (not out of the question, but not desirable). I am not inclined to lose my Yahoo account, just because Yahoo is such a powerhorse, but I setup a Fusemail account so that Snappermail and other clients can retrieve my Yahoo mail. Am I going about this the right way?
    I tried using the Sprint BC, but it was extremely inconsistent with updating my email. I then purchased an IMAP account at Fastmail, switched over to Chatter as my primary email app, and have never looked back. Snappermail currently has the nicer UI of the two, but you can't beat how fast Chatter/Fastmail work together. I can send an email to my Fastmail account and within 15-20 seconds it is in my Treo! Plus, Marc Blank is constantly improving Chatter, and the app is $32. Can't beat it...
    I have a huge issue that I need clarified. I can send SMS to other Carriers, Verizon and Cingular, and can recieve them from other Sprint, Verizon users' but not Cingular... Is there a fix for this... I'm using a 600 and plamOne SMS v1.01
    the best push mail out there is chatter I use it for my yahoo I have a fusemail account and I can't believe how fast I have my mail
    Fred
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorFan
    I tried using the Sprint BC, but it was extremely inconsistent with updating my email. I then purchased an IMAP account at Fastmail, switched over to Chatter as my primary email app, and have never looked back. Snappermail currently has the nicer UI of the two, but you can't beat how fast Chatter/Fastmail work together. I can send an email to my Fastmail account and within 15-20 seconds it is in my Treo! Plus, Marc Blank is constantly improving Chatter, and the app is $32. Can't beat it...
    It seems as though I have been impressed by Chatter's reliability and speed. However, I had a problem today that I hope I wont happen again. I didnt recieve any calls because chatter had my data connection open and active, causing all of my voice calls to go straight to voicemail. This isnt normal, is it? Also, I wonder how did you set up fastmail to send and reply to your Yahoo? I have it set up to recieve (IMAP), but havent figured out how to successfully set it up to send and reply (SMTP)?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanpurdy
    I have a huge issue that I need clarified. I can send SMS to other Carriers, Verizon and Cingular, and can recieve them from other Sprint, Verizon users' but not Cingular... Is there a fix for this... I'm using a 600 and plamOne SMS v1.01
    I am not certain, but I think Sprint has a platform (carrier) issue that precludes us from being as reliable as the other networks. I experience the same issues, and the only way around them that I know of is by using the phone number emails. This works for me 88% of the time when sending the message. Then once they get it, they will respond and open up a chat thread and all is kosher! Oh, those phone emails (if you dont know them already) are :
    Verizon: phonenumber@vtext.com
    AT&T: phonenumber@mobille.att.net
    Cingular: phonenumber@mobile.mycingular.com
    T Mobile: phonenumber@tmomail.net
    Sprint: phonenumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com

I dont know the rest of them (Nextel, Alltel, and whatever else might be out there). But hopefully this will help you as much as it helps me! Oh, and tell those Cingular customers to try you at the your Sprint phone email.
    Thank for the input. I'll give it a try and get back to you. It's very appreciated.
    I send/receive SMS to/from all major carriers (Verizon, Cingular, AT&T, TMobile). Not too many failures (<2%). YMMV.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  13.    #13  
    yeah, my failure rate is probably around 5%. I send and recieve north of 2,000 SMS per month from T Mobile, Sprint, Cingular, AT&T, and Verizon.