1.    #1  
    Do not use the update on PalmOne's website.

I used it and now my phone is roaming everywhere. I strongly urge that you DO NOT DO THIS UPDATE.
    Have you done a *228 option 2 since updating?

You need to make sure you have a current PRL.
    i ran the updater. all seemed to go well

but now my phone wont turn on at all. the OS works normal and syncs but when i try to turn on the phone, it soft reset loops

i took it to a verizon store and they cant fix it so they are replacing it.

beware with this upgrade
    Sounds like you had a similar issue with restoring phone preferences that were backed up under the old firmware.

I'd guess that removing these or selectively restoring applications (rather than the entire backup folder) would have yielded better results.
    l formatted this phone every way possible and even clean installed Palm Desktop.

no luck
    So after a hard reset, if you do not install any additional software or sync at all, you still get resets?

Did you have any problems during the upgrade?
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    So after a hard reset, if you do not install any additional software or sync at all, you still get resets?

Did you have any problems during the upgrade?
    no problems i could tell

i have tried to reflash it and it wont even do that. its starts the process then reboots .

looks like a bad flash to me... who knows
  8.    #8  
    Ok. So I ran an update a while ago and not only did I roam everywhere but I went to change my phone options, and poof. The phone reboots. Oh, and by phone options, i mean from the phone application, push the menu button and go to the Options and then Phone Preferences and it reboots.

I tried a hard reset and multiple soft resets and still no luck.

Off to Verizon I go to get a new phone hopefully.
    frozenwire,

Look at this thread. These questions have already been answered. The problems you are seeing is because 1) you did not update your PRL after the firmware update, and 2) you are restoring old preferences that are not compatible with the new firmware.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    And 3) you are using a custom Dial Pad. That will cause the resets in the Phone Preferences every time. There is no known fix for that yet.