1.    #1  
    I live in studio city/la area in CA. Does anyone have sprint around here and if so, how would you rate the service?

Does Sprint have a high-speed network coming out anytime soon? I've been waiting for EVDO....
    Quote Originally Posted by interclubs
    I live in studio city/la area in CA. Does anyone have sprint around here and if so, how would you rate the service?

Does Sprint have a high-speed network coming out anytime soon? I've been waiting for EVDO....
    If service you mean connections, I haven't had any issues. I live in the San Gabriel Valley rather than the SF Valley, but coverage is good. You'll have a few spots in some of the canyons. I switched from VZW and only have one spot that VZW would pull in that Sprint won't, and even then it was hit and miss.

However, at least I don't find myself roaming in my living room w/Sprint, and I have a full signal. I can actually make and recieve calls at home now!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Actually, for $5 extra on the Sprint plan, you can roam for free on Verizon anyway. You can combine both networks that way (Verizon has better coverage in many markets you may travel to - Hawaii, etc.).
    And yes - Sprint is rolling out EVDO this year (and chances are the implementation will be superior to VZW - much like the 1X implementation). I would bet that LA will be one of the first markets...
    Hi,
    I am an old Sprint customer who did T-Mobile for about a year and just two weeks ago went back to Sprint and a pair of 650's for my wife and I. In short: I'm loving it - the coverage and voice quality is superior to T-Mobile in LA, without a doubt. Where I live in the Los Feliz/Silverlake area, coverage is as good as it gets. Data is nice and quick, of course.

By the way, this new EVDO standard, will this require new hardware like EDGE does, or will it work on my 650? Just curious if anyone knows.

Thanks,
    Justin
    I live in Phoenix, not that might help you any, and the service (reception) is great! Last year my family and I took a trip to Cali and I did not have any problems with the service as well. As far as the customer service, that's a different story. I'm lucky enough to know two people at my local store so any problems that I do encounter, I take it straight to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by politemusic
    Hi,
    By the way, this new EVDO standard, will this require new hardware like EDGE does, or will it work on my 650? Just curious if anyone knows.

Thanks,
    Justin
    As I understand from those who Verizonized their T650, it is not EVDO capable.
    Correct - EVDO requires entirely new hardware (new radio) and software. We likely wont see EVDO support from Palm at least until the next revision of the Treo, should one be forthcoming.
    I have had GSM (Tmobile, ATT and Cingular) as well as both VERIZON and Sprint. When the 650 came out I was on Verizon. I switched back to Sprint for a 650 and I have not been happier. I get great reception in my house, I travel all over the US and I have only found 2 or 3 spots where I don't get service and no one was getting service in those areas (one was deep in a wine cave at a winery in Napa Valley).

My bill is less and I get more minutes as well as unlimited data.

Brentley
  10.    #10  
    Yeah, I think I'm going to make the jump. THey used to have this great little thing where you paid $10 a month though and then you weren't locked up with a contract.... Can't seem to find it on their website any more though.