Page 1 of 24 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I want to make everyone aware of an offer that is available from Sprint, that I don't think is too well publicized. If you buy a new Treo 650 from them you are eligible for $100 of free software from Sprint's Handango site. I found a coupon for this when I was looking at the Treo in one of the Dallas Sprint stores. I bought my 650 a couple of days later from the Sprint site. Two weeks later (which is how long the coupon said you had to wait to show up in their system), I logged on to http://sprint.handango.com/validation, typed in my Sprint phone number and was given a $100 gift certificate to purchase software from their site.

The software was all bona-fide, latest version Palm software (Agendus, Beyond Contacts, ListPro, SplashWallet, etc), and doesn't have an expiring license (like some of their Vision stuff does). It was a little bit higher price than usual, but it was free! No strings attached. Apparently, if you've bought a Sprint smartphone you are eligible (I think newly purchased Treo 600, Samsung I500, etc are also eligible). Not sure how long this is going to last, but I know Sprint isn't advertising this too much. I went to two other Sprint stores and none of the employees had ever heard of this deal, and I couldn't find any references to it on the web (not that I looked all that hard).

Anyway, if you've recently bought a Sprint Treo 650, go get some free stuff (and pass the word around)!

Good luck,
    Bob O'Malley
    Whoa!! It works!! I just filled out the form and instantly got an email from Handango with a $100 Gift Certificate number!! Thanks for the 411, Bob!! Time to treat my Treo with some new apps!
    Omalley - GREAT!!! Seems to work!!

I have until 06/30/05 to fully redeem my $100 Gift Certificate

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    thanks, this is awesome! question is, can you only pick from the 87 titles in the Sprint-Handango store, or will it work for any software from handango? thanks again.
    Hey thanks for the info Omalley! I also just got mine and I feel like a kid in a toy store!
    There's nothing better than free stuff!
    Should be a sticky!
    I got the same thing. Lets just hope availability does not run out.
    Quote Originally Posted by glenng
    thanks, this is awesome! question is, can you only pick from the 87 titles in the Sprint-Handango store, or will it work for any software from handango? thanks again.
    Actually, I'm wondering that also. Has anyone tried it yet? Also, just out of curiosity, which software titles are you guys thinking about getting? I got my Treo 650 on 2/4 and I'm still breaking it in and deciding what other software I want to load it up with.

Thanks
    Wow, it worked for me, too. Although I had to submit the form twice because it complained about not finding my number in the database the first time.

And to think I just plunked down some cold hard cash for one of the programs available with this certificate!

Yes, definitely make this a sticky. I only found it by accident!
    I tried the handango site and it said the coupn code is not valid. So looks like we are stuck with the 87 titles.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Thank you.....
    --Don
    Quote Originally Posted by wareynolds
    I tried the handango site and it said the coupn code is not valid. So looks like we are stuck with the 87 titles.
    Got the same message. Man, I've already bought all the apps I needed/wanted from the list.
    Does anyone have experience with BackupBuddy VFS, eWallet, or ListPro for the Treo 650? These are the only apps I see on the Sprint/Handango site that I would get but would appriciate some feedback first. Also, I know it's free but is it worth getting the full versions of these titles( Desktop app incl.) ?

Thanks in advance
    Thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
    blah.. yeah.. i would have liked to get "Direction on-the-go".. but it's not on of the 87 titles
    At first it didn't work, then I did it again, & Bam! I got my #, thanks! Just another way to eat up my memory.......
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    So I have my code, but when I go to the site, most of the links are not really links. I selected 3 titles and on the My Basket screen there is NO WAY to get the cursor in the 'Enter Gift Certificate Number ' field and the checkout, update cart and continue shopping links are not really links. I hope this isn't some phishing scam. Maybe it's because I'm using Firefox. Let's see if people actually get their software.
    I tried it using Internet Explorer and the fields worked and I got the software....what a deal.

Backup Buddy Professional
    Beyond Contacts
    Splash Wallet Suite (newer version than what came w the 650)

All for $9.89
    works! thanks.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    Whoah! Thanks! Someone please sticky this!

Hmmm, now what should I get? It doesn't expire until June, so I may hold off.
    Last edited by aldamon; 02/16/2005 at 07:08 AM.
Page 1 of 24 12345611 ... LastLast