Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324 LastLast
    I emailed handango.sprintpcs.com and they gave me the
    "We apologize for your inconvenience. In order to get your issue corrected, you will need you contact the sales representative who told you about this promotion. Thank you."

Sounds like you guys had some luck - what can I do to get my certificate??
    Quote Originally Posted by g27dotnet
    I emailed handango.sprintpcs.com and they gave me the
    "We apologize for your inconvenience. In order to get your issue corrected, you will need you contact the sales representative who told you about this promotion. Thank you."

Sounds like you guys had some luck - what can I do to get my certificate??
    Go back to read my posts again. The trick for me was sign in my own SprintPCS account and use CONTACT US link to send out the reqest. It was straight to Sprint business ecare not handango.sprintpcs.com. I got respond and my gift certificate code in a few hours after I sent out my email.

Hope this helps and good luck.
    Thanks for the info, greathome... I just sent them a near-exact copy of your original email. I'm not a business customer... has anyone that isn't one recently gotten their certificate?
    Keep my fingers crossed for you and let me know how it goes.
    forget all that just try typing your Phone number in...it didn;t work for me, then I saw this thread come up again and decided to try it again...VOILA!
    Quote Originally Posted by pi314
    BTW, it seems the trick of loading your cart at Handango then checking out through the Sprint/Handango site no longer works.
    Hey pi314159265...

I was able to grab stuff from the Handango cart. I wormholed through one of the Splash products-see post #30 of this thread.
    Hell yeah! Sprint emailed me back saying

"I would like to inform you that in order to qualify for this promotion
    you must be an active Sprint Business customer.

We value all our customers. It is sincere people like you who make our
    company successful. We appreciate you contacting us."

Weird answer. Anyway, I went back to that site and put in my number - AND GOT MY GIFT CERTIFICATE! HELL YEAH! Now I've gotta figure out that wormhole not-just-87-products available thing when I get home from classes today. Thanks guys!
    Happy ending, nothing better than that. Hope others that havenít gotten theirs do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by toofargone
    Hey pi314159265...

I was able to grab stuff from the Handango cart. I wormholed through one of the Splash products-see post #30 of this thread.
    Well, I must have been momentarily befuddled. I'm glad to hear it's still working.
    I just sent off a message I have been trying for weeks to get this stupid promotion, and have already purchased most of the sofware I need. But I still want what is entitled to me, hopefully I will be able to play many games on my treo.
    Me too...haha....I've e-mailed them so many times. I figure I will just annoy them now until I get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    Me too...haha....I've e-mailed them so many times. I figure I will just annoy them now until I get it.
    Hey mattew23,

You are still waiting for your code? Wow, others have already gotten theirs.
    Hope you get yours sooooooooooooooooooooooon.
    I finally got my code from Sprint. Didnt take much after I submitted the request online from the Sprint "Contact Us" link. Now if only I could use these coupons for some accessories instead of software so I can get a cradle.
    This is the bull I received back from eCare:

Dear xxxxxx,

I will surely provide the required information.

The offer that you have mentioned is only for Business customers.

Currently, we are offering the Blackberry handset to our few business
    customers only. This is undergoing the quality test. We want to make
    sure it works comfortably with our network. As soon as the test will be
    completed, this handset will be available for all our individual
    customers as well.

Although I cannot provide you that exact date of launch. Be assured
    that, as soon as it will be launched, you will notify by our high
    profile promotion.

I really appreciate your patience and cooperation in this matter.

Thank you for contacting Sprint.

Russel N.
    Sprint eCare
    bvinson are you a "business user"
    I got a canned reply from "Contact Us", twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenet2
    bvinson are you a "business user"
    Yes I am a Business Customer. I actually got a canned reply as well from "Contact Us", so I responded and told them they were wrong. When they got back to me they gave me the coupon.
    Well, I officially give up. Countless hours of e-mailing and arguing with Sprint reps has got me nowhere. It sucks because when I got the phone, the sprint rep told me I'd be eligible for it (i think at the time it was open for anyone, not just business customers). I argued a reliance theory with the rep (i relied on the sprint rep's assertion that I'd be eligible for the promotion and that was one of the main reasons I got the phone--can you tell I'm a lawyer?!) but they are ignorant.

Oh well, I guess I'll sit back and watch everyone talk about the programs they got with their free $100. haha.
    Matthew, I recommend you try the web form a couple more times. Note that if you saved the filled out form as a favorite/bookmark and you reopen it via that link, it'll give you the old error message. You need to resubmit the form to have it attempt to reprocess it. It finally worked for me last week after giving me the "invalid phone number" response for weeks.

I'm not a business customer. I suspect Sprint may have reopened the offer to everyone after receiving too many complaints about changing the rules.

Good luck.

So after reading this entire thread and taking notes from several contributors including Tux, Spa Girl and Greathome, I decided to try myself

It was not easy, but here's what I did:

1. I took Greathome's advice (post #399) and sent his email to ecare through my own SprintPCS account.

2. I received a very apologetic email from Trichjo at ecare saying this is a known issue, but I had to call *2 Customer Care, blah, blah. He said he noted the issue on my account.

3. I called customer care and made the MISTAKE of trying to explain the promotion. After two hours of being passed to 9 different customer care reps and sales reps and business sales reps (who did try hard), giving them the website link to see for themselves, I got nothing.

4. I sent another email describing my ordeal through my account to ecare and got a second apologetic response saying this this matter had to be handled verbally by customer care and that they couldn't do anything.

5. Decided to try again with Sprint PCS customer care but THIS TIME DIDN'T TRY TO EXPLAIN THE PROMOTION. I simply said read the notes on my account from ecare.

6. To my shock , there were actual instructions on what do do. After several minutes, she tried to suggest that she would send a note to Brian Gorzny and he would send me the code. After reading the responses posted by Tux (Post #361) and Spa Girl (Post #362), I told her nice try, but that Brian was not responsible for this promotion any longer. She said "really? we need to update the system"

7. Long story short, the customer care person then went into the "system" and generated a code on the spot. She then read it out to me out loud. email with code to follow.

There is hope.