Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324 LastLast
    Hey guys - so, now that this is just business customers, am I screwed? I missed the promotion while it was still in crazy hackable mode, and now I'm not sure if I'll get my gift certificate at all. I just emailed the handango.sprint.com support site, but I bet they'll reject me.

I noticed some of you guys got $100-$800 from your gift certificates... and I was wondering if anyone would be generous enough to use some of the extra they may have left over from their shopping spree to buy me an app or two. Email me at Peet@g27.net please. Thanks so much guys!

-Peet
    Lead singer of To The Rescue
    It may be dead afterall. Here is the response that I got from the sprint.handango.com support request:

------
    Response (Jchon Paradise)
    03/21/2005 12:40 PM

Dear Customer,

We apologize for your inconvenience. In order to get your issue corrected, you will need you contact the sales representative who told you about this promotion. Thank you.

Customer (Customer Customer)
    03/19/2005 02:34 PM
    ---------------

Bummer.
    Quote Originally Posted by toofargone
    It may be dead afterall. Here is the response that I got from the sprint.handango.com support request:

------
    Response (Jchon Paradise)
    03/21/2005 12:40 PM

Dear Customer,

We apologize for your inconvenience. In order to get your issue corrected, you will need you contact the sales representative who told you about this promotion. Thank you.

Customer (Customer Customer)
    03/19/2005 02:34 PM
    ---------------

Bummer.
    Neither Sprint nor Handango is taking in responsibility for this promotion. I wish they'd either get it right or take down the web page.

Or, you could respond to that e-mail and tell them your sales rep was killed by an angry mob. (I'm joking)
    Quote Originally Posted by toofargone
    Update:

I also tried submitting a web request with sprint.handango.com found here:
    http://sprint.handango.com/Help.jsp?siteId=561

This page indicates that I should receive a reply within 3 business days.
    I got a response back: they said "contact your sales rep"
    I replied "I'm a business customer, I have no sales rep"
    They said "e-mail brian.p.grozney"
    Brian P said "I'm not responsible, contact your sales rep"

<sigh>
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I was having the same problem. I contacted the rep. He informed me that the company has to "opt-in" to take advantage of the software. He asked for the name of the person on the account (our IT dept. head) and the last four digits of our Tax ID No. (FEIN). He then opted us into the offer and told me it would take about 30 minutes before it becomes effective. I am told that the "opt-in" allows the company to control what it allows people to put on the 650 and, perhaps more importantly, by opting out the company will not get mysterious charges for software on the corporate account bill. I don't know if either is true. I will try to get my certificate in about an hour and will add another reply to this string.
    Hi everyone,

After hours frustration on phone and online trying to get my code to no avail, final I sent an email through my Spintpcs account contact us link this morning. I copied the link with detail information on that page. http://sprint.handango.com/redemption And I got an email with the code this afternoon.
    Just want to let everyone know that if you ran into problem trying to get your code, here maybe another chance for you to get it.
    Good luck.
    thanks greathome, i just did the same thing...we'll see. *fingers crossed*
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23
    thanks greathome, i just did the same thing...we'll see. *fingers crossed*
    I am glad I can help.
    what software are you going to get?
    I haven't decided yet. Thinking to get Zlancher, Ptunes, SplashWallet Suite!BackupBuddyVFS Professional 3, or something like that. I have been reading this form for a few months but still clueless most of the time. I got to go back to read again. What about you? Any recommandation?
    Hope to hear good news from you soon.
    I was just about to give up on this totally but checked here for any new suggestions again today. I went over to sprintpcs to drop an email a'la greathome. Just for fun (?!) I tried the web form again and about fell over when it worked!!! Yaaahhoooo!! It only worked for one of my 2 new Treo 650s, the one activated about 3 weeks ago but not the other...activated about 1.5 weeks ago so not quite 14 days.

If any of you who tried and failed but have pretty recent but older than 14 days activation dates--you might try again.

I doubt know it matters but I was successful on a windows box (@work) with Mozilla. I had failed from this machine using IE and Mozilla as well as at home with Mac IE and Safari with all my past attempts.
    personally, i like launcherX better than Zlauncher, its easier to use amd not as cramped.
    Mine also worked today (and hadn't previously), though my 14 days was last Friday. I also had e-mailed my phone number to folks at Handango and Sprint, I don't know if that made any difference.

BTW, it seems the trick of loading your cart at Handango then checking out through the Sprint/Handango site no longer works.
    I just tried that, nothing happened except invalid phone number response
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I finally got my certificate!
    Hey WOW, it worked...I'm picking out my stuff right now....can anyone suggest some good programs I should grab with my 5 finger discount?
    Quote Originally Posted by pi314
    BTW, it seems the trick of loading your cart at Handango then checking out through the Sprint/Handango site no longer works.
    For real? What a bummer. I can't completely try this since I am not on the computer that I want to d/l to but I was able to add stuff from the main Handango site to my little sprintpcs.handango shopping cart. But I couldn't test if it would go all the through, however.
    Hey Dude, did you email Sprint customer service earlier?
    Hi matthew23,

Any luck with your certificate?

I was asked what I did to get it. Here is basically the same email I sent out (not exact) for your reference in case you would like to try.
    Here is what I did; signed in my sprintpcs account, click on CONTACT US email link and send out with

" I have problem getting this certificate from http://sprint.handango.com/redemptio. Every time I tried I got “copied the part that show your number was invalid etc….” Please help me solve this. Thanks. "Welcome to the Mobile Software Program fulfillment site and thank you for your recent purchase of a Sprint PCS Smart Device BlackBerry(R) 7750 or Sprint PCS Vision Smart Device. Contained in this site are hundreds of downloadable software products that will maximize the business and personal productivity and entertainment value of your device. To retrieve your $100 online gift certificate, please complete the information below to produce your gift certificate number. Please note that it may take up to 14 days to validate and upload newly activated Sprint PCS phone numbers in our system. In order to qualify for this promotion you must: Be an active Sprint Business customer Have activated with one of the eligible devices on or after 01/16/05.Have switched or upgraded to one of the eligible devices on or after 01/16/05 The devices that are eligible under this promotion include: Treo 650.."

Only 1200 characters are allowed, edit the whole thing to make it fit. Delete any unnecessary space too.

Hope this helps and Good luck.
    I checked my original email. Here it is and the respond I got.

Sprint Customer Solutions <ecare2@cc.sprintpcs.com> wrote:
    Dear xxxxxxx
    Thank you for writing to us.

I have processed your request for the gift certificate of $100.00 on
    your behalf. Your gift certificate request number is XXXXXXX. Please
    allow 14 days for processing of your request.

It is a pleasure serving you. Have a nice day.

XXXXX
    Sprint Business eCare

Need to get a phone number or information? Just dial 411 on your PCS
    Phone to access a variety of convenient services.

PCS Directory Assistance simplifies your life. Get phone numbers,
    theatre locations, show times, driving directions, local event
    information, and much more. For only $1.25 per call, plus airtime, get
    up to three phone numbers or requests answered and get connected to a
    number at no additional charge.

Original Message Follows:
    =======================================================
    Customer Name: xxxxxxx
    Sprint PCS Phone Number: xxxxxxx
    Account Number: XXXXX
    Form: Ask A Question-Manage
    Topic: Other
    ======================================================
    Question: I have problem getting my promotion gift certificate from http://sprint.handango.com/redemption
    for my treo650. I got this when I tried ?The SrintPCS phone number you
    entered is not a valid phone number. Please check your phone number
    again and re-enter for validation? Pleas help. Thanks -?Welcome to the
    Mobile Software Program fulfillment site and thank you for your recent
    purchase of a Sprint PCS Smart Device BlackBerry(R) 7750 or Sprint PCS
    Vision Smart Device. Contained in this site are hundreds of downloadable
    software products that will maximize the business and personal
    productivity and entertainment value of your device. To retrieve your
    $100 online gift certificate, please complete the information below to
    produce your gift certificate number. Please note that it may take up to
    14 days to validate and upload newly activated Sprint PCS phone numbers
    in our system. In order to qualify for this promotion you must:Be an
    active Sprint Business customer.Have activated with one of the eligible
    devices on or after 01/16/05.Have switched or upgraded to one of the
    eligible devices on or after 01/16/05 .The devices that are eligible
    under this promotion include: Treo600, Treo650..
    ======================================================