Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    This Michael kid is just trying to get attention/reactions. Why would he keep posting this stuff...hey LAMO....even you did in fact get 600 or 800 or whatever worth from handango...keep it to yourself ...a$s. No one wants to hear it. You have more coupons then u need and cant even buy software with it...yet show it off..and dont share..with those who got their numbers yanked. And what is with that avatar...this guy reeks of showoff...
    Although I'm not a new sprint customer, I filled out the online form and received my code on 2/16. I tried to use it this morning (2/22) and at the checkout, the page informs me that my code has expired. I'm assuming they fixed the system? Bummer!

Anyone else experiencing this too?
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    To be honest i dont know why everyone is yellin at me. It was all gravy the other day, But now im the bad guy?

Anyway Im not gonna argue.
    MIKE!!!!! I'm with YOU man!
    Just completed the entire process 2/22. No problems - though I'm actually an intended recipient having purchased the 650 with new number within the last month.
    FYI not gona work if you were an early buyer!! Below is the email I got back from them.

I am sorry, but in order to qualify for the $100 Gift Certificate, you must have activated your phone on or after 01/16/05. This promotion is for Sprint customers only and the effective dates should have been communicated via the individual who sold you your phone.

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by horsmanp
    FYI not gona work if you were an early buyer!! Below is the email I got back from them.

I am sorry, but in order to qualify for the $100 Gift Certificate, you must have activated your phone on or after 01/16/05. This promotion is for Sprint customers only and the effective dates should have been communicated via the individual who sold you your phone.

Thank You

DOH! I activated my Treo just a few days too soon!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The page is down again. Will I ever get my flippin' code?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    DOH! I activated my Treo just a few days too soon!
    gfunkmagic, did you actually acquiesce your soul to the 650 gods? I thought you were all for keeping your 600.
    Damn, I activated 1/11/2005. All well......
    It seems that if you got a code early on with the promotion, it still works. My codes are still active, although I have not purchased aything, I still check from time to time to see if Sprint decided to list the number as "expired" but I have not seen any problems. Although you can no longer open a cart at the handango website, this is how I work it: open the sprint validation page which is located on the first post of this thread, pick anything to start your cart, go to your cart or basket, and see that you have something in it, then open another page and go to sprint.handango.com, clcik on what you want, look at the basket to see you have what you want, go back to the first window with the gift certificate code window below it, click update cart, and everything from the other basket will magically appear. Remove the crappy program of the 87 titles you chose to start the basket. Let me tel you something, someone said it was stealing to do it this way, I would have to agree to a certain extent as it was only intended that the 100 dollars be spent on those 87 titles, but come...you want pdanet or Omar Schariff backgammon? Verichat or ANOTHER useless clock program that probably doesn't work. Some of the programs were incompatible with the treo 650. It is like saying hey, we are giving you a free pair of shoes, although you are a size 14, we are giving you a 10. It's free so screw off.

My recommendations are:
    Useful programs:
    pdanet (I used the hack, it works okay, but this is so much easier)

Verichat (indispensible chat program)

backup buddy (you never know when you get a flashing screen of death and need to hard reset. I am an attorney and have had smartphones erase my entire calendar while choosing a court date and could not restore my data until I got home)

Documents to Go Premium (I had this from my other treo, never go anywhere without it, decent e-mail program, too but I have stuck it out with versamail)
    Essential Games:
    Bejewled 2, worth the 20 bucks from your gift certificate. Fantastic on the pc and near perfect recreation on the Treo 650.

Do not spend any money on the remote pc access programs. Win-Anywhere works great. Spend the money if you need to synch over a net connection, but it Win-Anywhere is easy to set up and has given me no problems whatsoever. Also allows you to spy on someone using your computer, too. You can get it at www.freewarepalm.com.

I have tried pdareach, it came with pdanet, fun program, but have not had much use for it yet.

I hear so many accolades about snappermail. How much better is it than Versamail (although I am choosing to stick it out, I have already had the resetting issue with it, from what i understand, the files can get corrupted if you don't clean them out very often) Deleting them with filez seem to do the trick.
  11. Edo
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Im a treo 650 owner and I missed out
    is there any way to take advantage of the offer for people who purchased their Treos in December?
    TealPoint Software Support
    <support@tealpoint.com>

Hello,

Thank you for your patience. There is a problem with the orders that were
    submitted by Handango since last Wednesday. I am unable to process the
    orders until the information we received is corrected by Handango.
    Our automated system is unable to process the orders as received.

Best regards,
    xxxxxxx

argh..... Ordered some Teal software on Thursday....
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    TealPoint Software Support
    <support@tealpoint.com>

Hello,

Thank you for your patience. There is a problem with the orders that were
    submitted by Handango since last Wednesday. I am unable to process the
    orders until the information we received is corrected by Handango.
    Our automated system is unable to process the orders as received.

Best regards,
    xxxxxxx

argh..... Ordered some Teal software on Thursday....
    I got that same message but I also sent an email to them via their website....support@tealpoint.com and was sent a registration code.
    Hello.

Thank you for choosing TealPoint Software.

Please print this document and keep it in a safe
    place. You will need it to register future upgrades.

>> DOWNLOADS

Download our products from our web site at
    http://www.tealpoint.com Use the registration
    codes below to turn the 'trial' download versions
    into full 'registered' copies.

>> REGISTRATION CODES and CONFIRMATIONS

For hotsync user name:
    your registration code is:

Emergency password:

Also, FYI the "pre crackdown" $100 gift certificate codes are working again. Smoke em if you got em!
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NextDream
    Also, FYI the "pre crackdown" $100 gift certificate codes are working again. Smoke em if you got em!
    My code is still not working. My phone was activated before the 1/16/2005 date. I wonder if they checked the codes they issued to see if they fall within the promo? Anyone else notice this?
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Quote Originally Posted by NextDream
    I got that same message but I also sent an email to them via their website....support@tealpoint.com and was sent a registration code.
    Hello.
    odd -- I just got my reg info now as well
    yeah my "pre crack down" codes do NOT work
    I ordered Merriam-Websters dictionary....has not worked since ordering the first day. Get a bad URL when it re-directs for the download. I have emailed them 6 times(Sprint/Handango and Handango)! Even at Handango website its broken!
    I email the support address listed on my invoice, they tell me to email Sprint/Handango. Wow, what GREAT customer service! NO replies but this one.
    If this is an example of the run around I will receive when making a purchase, well, no thank you!
    Law school is a 3 year exersize in mind control--Thomas Newcomb

N400(P.O.S. )-->S.E. T608-->Treo 650-->moto rzr-->xv6700-->pn-820 but I really miss my Treo!!
    It looks like everyone who ordered a treo before 1/16/05 is screwed. They have no intention of honoring any gift certificates that were issued to people who purchased before then. My treo is only two weeks old so I have no worries, but sorry to those early adopters. Sprint is so nice, huh? Well, off to ship with the rest of my gift certificates.
    That's such crap! You'd think they'd want to show good will to all Treo owners so far, *especially* the early adopters who put up with all the bugs and kinks in the 650. What would reason would they have to limit this only to new subscribers? Its not like the 650 has been out for so long that they have to pump up sales with this incentive.

and yes, i'm bitter because i activated before 1/16.