Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    i didnt use other peoples accounts. I just clicked the button a few times because it was stuck. It gave me extras. I didnt cheat it by using other peoples #'s

But your right shoot i shoulda at least bought a few things. I thought i had 3 months... Oh well Imma still email them and see what happens.
    I have to say... with all this new software, my treo 650's reset frequency has accelerated.
    <br>
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Maybe if you used them last night instead of abusing the system and bragging in several different posts how you have $800 in coupons [by racking up 4 extras with not your own accounts?] you wouldn't be screwed now.
    Well said...

Just on a side note... I was just on their site looking through the software titles and the entire site went into maint mode. Maybe they are fixing the final parts of the site and getting ready to put it all back online???
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer4Life
    Does anyone have experience with BackupBuddy VFS, eWallet, or ListPro for the Treo 650?
    I've never been able to successfully backup my Treo 650 using BackupBuddy 3.07. Well, it works once but any subsequent backup or restore crashes.
    new message on the site!
    "Thank you for visiting Handango!
    We appreciate your patience as we
    update our site. Handango will be
    available momentarily, please check
    back soon."
    Thats what I just said.... But now its back to the same message as it was before I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

**now its back to the new message**
    Last edited by kabish; 02/18/2005 at 01:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by michael82574
    i have $800 of usless codes. Im pissed! I will b*tch untill i get it trust you me. I dont care if its a glitch or not. I was givin a gift and they cant take it away. I own a 650 and 4 lines. I better get at least $400 in free programs.
    Well, if you want to be technical...

A gift, in the legal sense, requires *intention* so you better be prepared to argue that they *intended* to give you the extra $400 beyond the $400 for your four lines. I'm not sure if b*tching until they give it to you will work but I eagerly await the outcome of that b*tch session.

Tibby.
    Has anyone who got Snapper Mail yesterday received their registration info? I never got any key from Snapper to unlock it
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Lol.. must be tough to be SprintPCS today... Looking at logs and stats, this silly "down for maintnance" page having the most visitors for the day. I don't work for them, just an observation......
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    the only people that have a right to complain right now are those that bought a treo 650 with knowledge of this offer. People like me who just activated a treo 650 but who didn't know about the offer have no right to complain, as we bought it without knowledge, i.e. nothing that we paid for was taken from us. People who don't have one of the special devices listed, also don't have a right to complain.

Now, those that missed out can feel bummed out, they can b*tch and moan about not getting it, those are valid emotions, but to complain that sprint or handango screwed them is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridges
    Promo cannot be dead...they are most likely fixing for the exploit that the abusers were using... the offer CLEARLY states good until 04/09/2005 ... so no worries.

Here is the link to the terms document as posted by another Treocentral user.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/a...tachmentid=6585
    That's a dead link. If you could post the real one it would be much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoad
    the only people that have a right to complain right now are those that bought a treo 650 with knowledge of this offer. People like me who just activated a treo 650 but who didn't know about the offer have no right to complain, as we bought it without knowledge, i.e. nothing that we paid for was taken from us. People who don't have one of the special devices listed, also don't have a right to complain.

Now, those that missed out can feel bummed out, they can b*tch and moan about not getting it, those are valid emotions, but to complain that sprint or handango screwed them is ridiculous.
    If the offer is valid until 4/9 (and has it in writing or digitial copy) as a previous posted states, I think everyone who didn't get $100 has a right to complain.

Just because we (people who missed out) didn't have something taken from us, it's unfair (and false advertisement) for them to simply just end offer. If you make it the rule for one customer you have to make it the rule for all unless you specifically state ahead of time why it limited.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    If the offer is valid until 4/9 (and has it in writing or digitial copy) as a previous posted states, I think everyone who didn't get $100 has a right to complain.

Just because we (people who missed out) didn't have something taken from us, it's unfair (and false advertisement) for them to simply just end offer. If you make it the rule for one customer you have to make it the rule for all unless you specifically state ahead of time why it limited.
    ok, I'll slightly edit what I said, instead of just those that knowledge of this offer, those that bought the treo 650 while the offer was around.

If I bought a treo for $600 then 15 days later sprint was selling it for $400 I can feel screwed that I paid too much, I can b*tch and moan about it. But I can't say something that was rightfully mine was taken from me.

I'm fairly sure that people who should rightfully get this promotion will get it in the end.
    The intent to give him a gift is in the eight e-mails he recieved where Sprint promised him that he had 100 dollars coming to him. Each e-mail promises that, so in effect, he entitled to all 800 dollars. There was no intent on mike's behalf to defraud Sprint. Their glitch is his gain. So to be "technical", he didn't ask for eight, the site sent it to him. As for everyone else who did not get in on the fun for the past two days and get their gift certificates, this is a big gray area. First, the written materials provided by a very astute poster requires new activation and a new purchase with that promotion in hand. However, the link, as Sprint should have done, did not mention any requirements other than your personal information. Once again, many Cingular customers took advantage of this lax web site authorining by Sprint and Handango. At no time does Sprint mention a limit on the number or whether your phone number needs to be attached to the specific device. I own an I300, I330, I500, Treo 600 and Treo 650. The latter three are functional with accounts. I don't think I would be entitled to more than three. But according to the written literature (I might be wrong about this fact) you needed to have purchased your Treo 650 within that last two weeks to qualify. Once again, there were not requirement listing on the link and no security measures to ensure tha Sprint would not be taking it in the rear. It is not right to screw anybody out of money, but if Sprint did not clearly state on the validation site what the true requirements were, than how has anybody broken any rules? Especially when Sprint sends you eight e-mails saying that you are indeed entitled to something. It would be one thing if the website refused to give Mike anything, then he would have to plead a case. But the website already APPROVED it and SENT to his e-mail. That clearly shows there intent and they are bound toMike for all $800.00. As far as Cingular customers are concerned, one thing is clear, the website said it required your Sprint PCS number, so you guys are SOL if you didn't cash in already. Good luck to those that have not cashed in yet.
    Last edited by nicegoogly; 02/18/2005 at 11:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicegoogly
    The intent to give him a gift is in the eight e-mails he recieved where Sprint promised him that he had 100 dollars coming to him. Each e-mail promises that, so in effect, he entitled to all 800 dollars. There was no intent on mike's behalf to defraud Sprint. Their glitch is his gain. He didn't ask for eight, the site sent it to him.
    And so we begin to understand the wisdom behind the saying: the letter of the law kills, but the spirit of the law gives life.
    However, any reasonable person, based on given information that he/she is entitled to $100 certificate toward the purchase of software, would knowingly expect and have good reason to expect only one certificate for that amount (or for the amount based on the number of lines/Treos that he/she has). This is precisely why he didn't ask for eight; he knew he wasn't entitled to them.

A software glitch doesn't translate to entitlement. My bank transfers $10,000 into my checking account when my intent was to only transfer $1,000. Their glitch is my gain?? Think again.

Quote Originally Posted by nicegoogly
    The intent to give him a gift is in the eight e-mails he recieved where Sprint promised him that he had 100 dollars coming to him. Each e-mail promises that, so in effect, he entitled to all 800 dollars. There was no intent on mike's behalf to defraud Sprint. Their glitch is his gain. He didn't ask for eight, the site sent it to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland

Agreed.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I got mine yesterday. I own one Treo 600 and got $100. I did actually get a replacement on Monday so felt somewhat justified. I place tremendous value on my integrity like most all of us here (at least I hope so). This seems to be a gray area IMO because of the lack of CLEAR T&C's. I was REALLY tempted to put in the other 2 #'s on my account but didn't because neither is a smartphone. I don't condemn or judge those who chose to do differently. I just wanted to share my choice with the community.

It's unfortunate that Sprint didn't completely think thru all the security issues this raised. I also hope it doesn't come back to bite all of us Sprint customers in the form of a rate increase. I'll bet they pay a little closer attention to this forum as a result tho.

I will enjoy my $90.45 worth of free software and thank the OP for the info.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Did they cancel it b/c people were abusing the offer? That's too bad...I'm sure there are many legitimate 650 owners like myself who'd like to have been included in the offer. Oh well, people are people...
    A mere promise to give is not enforceable by any court of law without something more such as consideration, detrimental reliance, some bargained for element, etc. For example: If cousin A promises to give cousin B $500 on his birthday and puts that promise in writing, then fails to follow through on this promise... a court will not step in and force cousin A to fulfill his mere promise to pay. It's basic contract law. Court's enforce contracts... not mere promises. For more info, see the following link that contains some of the basics regarding enforceable contracts http://www.outlawslegal.com/refer/contracts2.htm
    Last edited by Katway; 02/18/2005 at 01:00 PM.