Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    If you have the link to the software page in memory, you can still get through and shop on.
    Provided you got your gift certificate.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetfreak
    I agree. A license for each is necessary (even if not technologically at least morally). My point was that I now have $400 and can't find enough to buy. I will not be using the same software on all the devices. Someone mentioned in another thread that you can use these coupons on the main Handango site. Does anyone know how?

Finally, even though I am not abusing this I have a question for those people that are attacking the abusers. If this is Sprint's or Handango's error, aren't they the ones suffering and NOT the small developers? I would assume the small dev's will get compensated for their software unless Sprint or Handango start crying foul and it negatively impacts the small guys.
    Right, that would be Handango taking it in the pants as far as multiple certificates. In that case, you have the greedy idiots here who registered with any number they could find who have ruined it for other T650 owners as it appears the site has been shut down.

Personally, I thought it was kinda cool. I've had to buy about $80 of software to make this device work as it originally advertised. I originally bought PowerRun to address the screwed up amount of available memory since they apps from my T600 didn't fit on the new device. I bought Snappermail to address the screwed up Versamail that constantly crashes my phone. And I upgraded backupbuddy to address the fact that my phone resets much more then my T600. That doesn't count the free patch from Shadowmite to address the screwed up Bluetooth DUN or the fact that I'm on my second bluetooth headset because the BT output volume is way too low.

So for me to get $100 to put towards apps I would have bought had I not spent some much on addressing bugs seems right.
  4.    #184  
    Wow! I wrote the original post for right before going to bed the other night (almost didn't finish it because the wife wanted me to "quit screwing around on the computer"). Pleasantly surprised to find that everyone was able to take advantage of the offer. Sorry that the site appears to be down for maintenance now.

If I would have had more time to write, I would have mentioned the problem I had when checking out. I initially ordered about $99.75 of software, which had about $8 tax added to it. When I checked out I wasn't prompted for a credit card (probably because my actual order was below $100), and I received an error when trying to finalize because I hadn't paid for the tax amount over the free $100. I added another cheapie title to get my base amount over $100 and the problem was resolved.

And, as you probably know by now, you are limited to the 87 titles on that site. Pretty slim pickings (and unfortunately nothing I had on my "to-buy" list). I did get ListPro, an updated version of SplashID, the backup utility and a couple games (the Merriam Webster word search/crossword sucks btw...too easy). Hopefully, they bring the site backup for those that haven't benefited from it yet.

Sure am glad I found that coupon! Just curious if anyone else had heard anything about that special before my initial post?

Later,
    Bob O'Malley
    My Sprint Account Rep sent me a PDF on 1/26. Just too busy to read it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I have a business account and they never send me any info on promotions. I guess you get some good ones and some bad ones. You see, customer service is not all bad.
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    I think it's down now
    yup!

its down:

This site is currently unavailable due to maintenance issues. Please check back again soon.
    We apologize for the inconvenience.

it was fun while it lasted...
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    crap I wanted to get zlauncher too
    Quote Originally Posted by wareynolds
    I tried the handango site and it said the coupn code is not valid. So looks like we are stuck with the 87 titles.
    I was able to search beyond the 87 apps by opening up another browser window and using only http://sprint.handango.com. This gave me a window that had a search function in the left corner using that I was able to find specific applications I wanted that were not among the original 87. I put them in the basket in that window and refreshed the original window that the Sprint took me to. Each time I refreshed I had to put the coupon code back in, but eventually I got all I wanted. Hope this works for everyone else too...
    How do I get the code? I bought a treo 650 about 2 months ago.
    IF you already have a code, you can use this link to bypass Sprint's "maintenance error" page. Again, this link will only be useful if you already have a code.

http://sprint.handango.com/sprint-pr...t.jsp?siteId=0

BE SURE TO CLICK "CONTINUE SHOPPING" AND NOT THE TABS AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE.
    Smartphone Evolution:
    i330 (8/03), i500 (5/04), i600 (11/04), PPC6601 (12/04), Treo 650 (1/05), PPC6600 (10/05), PPC6700 (12/05), Treo 650 (6/06), PPC6700 (9/06), Treo 700wx (10/06)
    Quote Originally Posted by worldwearyeyes
    IF you already have a code, you can use this link to bypass Sprint's "maintenance error" page. Again, this link will only be useful if you already have a code.

http://sprint.handango.com/sprint-pr...t.jsp?siteId=0

BE SURE TO CLICK "CONTINUE SHOPPING" AND NOT THE TABS AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE.
    I hit the "continue shopping" button and I get
    "This site is currently unavailable due to maintenance issues. Please check back again soon.
    We apologize for the inconvenience. "

and I had about $16 left.
    I just tried the link. Here's what I got...

" This site is currently unavailable due to maintenance issues. Please check back again soon.
    We apologize for the inconvenience."

I'll keep checking and see what's up.
    I just wanted to tell everyone thank you for ruining this. "I used my girlfriends Verizon number to get an extra hundred bucks!", "I used my wife's PCS number and got an extra hundred!". Greedy bastards. Hope all your phones go into an endless reset loop from which there is no escape, and then I hope PalmOne and Sprint BOTH refuse to do anything about it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that people took advantage, but it would have been nice if this community hadn't. And before I get eight thousand flames, no I didn't get to the site in time to take advantage of the LEGITIMATE coupon I would have recieved. Jerks. (This is only directed at those people who went ABOVE & BEYOND to ruin this for everyone else.)
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    It's about time Sprint and P1 are on the receiving end of an *** ramming.. If you have a legit coupon, I'm sure it will work when the page gets back up. They're probably just "fixing" it now so it only works with legit phone numbers, not taking it down permanently.

Either way, don't care.. Got my x-hundred dollars worth.
    (x=1 of course)
    I hope I can get the code and pickup a copy of Snapper!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    i hope it starts working again!
    Quote Originally Posted by prolix21
    i hope it starts working again!
    See, just when I try to cut back on my Forum habit I go and miss a deal like this yesterday. ~~Sigh
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Promo cannot be dead...they are most likely fixing for the exploit that the abusers were using... the offer CLEARLY states good until 04/09/2005 ... so no worries.

Here is the link to the terms document as posted by another Treocentral user.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/a...tachmentid=6585