1.    #1  
    I called CS to tell them that my phone was having a problem. Eveyone once in a while, I get a call where I can't hear the other person, and they can't hear me, but there is a connection.

I have had two replacements, so I was not sure if it was still under warranty. I never asked anything, except if it was still coverd. The CS rep told me that this was a known issue and she would send me out a new 650 and it would get here in 5 to 7 days.

Fast foward one week. I have not gotten anything yet. I call CS to ask if my phone has shipped. And am told that there is on record of an order!

After 45 min. on the phone, the CS said he would send me a bubble bag so I could send in my phone first and if it was broken, they would send me another 600! NO! I asked to talk to a supervisor. He hung up on me!

I call back. Next CS tries to pawn me off to lockline quick. No. I talk to supervisor and he says nothing can be done.

Next day I go to sprint store and ask if they can help me. They say no way. BY now I'm really mad so I'm really thinking about moving to Cingular. I know that my contract should be up, but I ask how long is left on it to be sure. The girl tells me that the first CS, the one that offered me the phone, had insted extended my contract for 3 years!!!!!

Now I think I'm in for a fight.
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    omg. good luck
    I had the same problem, though I figured out it had to due with the bluetooth. I have it paried with my car usually, i got home turned the car off went upstairs and it was having the problem. I hypothosized that it was still "paired" with the car (even though the car was shutoff) and it was making the connection and "sending" it to the car's speakers. Turned off the bluetooth and had no more problems.

Just an idea
  4.    #4  
    mine is a 600
    Write down the name (and ID) of the CS people so you can document it.
    If they agree to anything or say it shipped get a confirmation or tracking #.
    Call back and ask to speak to supervisor (get their name and ID)
    If that still doesn't take care of it you could try filing a co,mplaint with FCC.
    Dude, this is EXACTLY why I dropped Sprint 10 days after receiving my 650 (last November).

Quote Originally Posted by mrgarza
    I called CS to tell them that my phone was having a problem. Eveyone once in a while, I get a call where I can't hear the other person, and they can't hear me, but there is a connection.

I have had two replacements, so I was not sure if it was still under warranty. I never asked anything, except if it was still coverd. The CS rep told me that this was a known issue and she would send me out a new 650 and it would get here in 5 to 7 days.

Fast foward one week. I have not gotten anything yet. I call CS to ask if my phone has shipped. And am told that there is on record of an order!

After 45 min. on the phone, the CS said he would send me a bubble bag so I could send in my phone first and if it was broken, they would send me another 600! NO! I asked to talk to a supervisor. He hung up on me!

I call back. Next CS tries to pawn me off to lockline quick. No. I talk to supervisor and he says nothing can be done.

Next day I go to sprint store and ask if they can help me. They say no way. BY now I'm really mad so I'm really thinking about moving to Cingular. I know that my contract should be up, but I ask how long is left on it to be sure. The girl tells me that the first CS, the one that offered me the phone, had insted extended my contract for 3 years!!!!!

Now I think I'm in for a fight.
  7.    #7  
    I got them to honor my original contract, so as of right now I am not on contract. But now I'm angry becasue they promised me an upgrade that I'm never going to see.

Is there anyone here that works for sprint that can help me out? How can I get them to honor the upgrade that I was promised? I never really felt that I needed the 650, but now I kind of feel as if they owe it to me for the lies and trouble I've been through.

Anyway, If anyone can help, I'ld appreciate it.
  8.    #8  
    I'm still under contract. They say that if I decide to get out, they will honor it, but it still says I'm under contract!

HELP
    Call retention and tell em your going to quit because of this. they have the most power and may be able to fix this.

search for retention to find the number
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgarza
    I got them to honor my original contract, so as of right now I am not on contract. But now I'm angry becasue they promised me an upgrade that I'm never going to see.

Is there anyone here that works for sprint that can help me out? How can I get them to honor the upgrade that I was promised? I never really felt that I needed the 650, but now I kind of feel as if they owe it to me for the lies and trouble I've been through.

Anyway, If anyone can help, I'ld appreciate it.
    Concerning them honoring the promised upgrade.... I sort of had the same thing happen to me when I wanted to uprgrade form my 600 to the 650. I was initially told that I could not get any sort of discount for the 650 b/c I had not been using my 600 for 18 consecutive months. By the way I had not been under contract for about 1 1/2 years. They explained over and over that the 18 month rule was because they discount the phone and had to make sure they are properly repaid for the phone before allowing you to receive another discount on an upgrade. I explained at leat 100 times that I in fact bought the phone directly from handspring and received no discount from sprint so technically this 18 mont rule should not apply. No Dice.

A few days later I called back this time using *2, all of the other times I used sprints 800 number to talk to a CS. Once I used the *2 to get to a CS (Im not sure of these calls are directed to different bank of CS reps) I got a lady who recognized that I had been without contract, purchased my 600 from Handspring, and was a faithful sprint customer, she promised to upgrade me to a 650 giving me the new customer discounts. I bite and agree to a new 1yr contract. In doing so I was supposed to receive a new plan, Nights weekends at starting at 5, 1400 anytime minutes, and a free throw in of vision. She informs me to go to the sprint store and all of this info would be posted on my account.

Next day I go to my local sprint store and Voila!, they know nothing about this agreement. They can do nothing.

Again I call back to sprint and am given the same old line, no upgrade, didnt have 600 long enough, good customer doesnt matter. At that point I was done, I ask for retention. I was never actually forwarded all the way to retention b/c the call was intercepted by a supervisor. I didnt have to explain a thing to him. He almost quoted verbatim the conversation I had with the CS lady the previous day, seems odd he knew everything that I was promised yet I hadnt even spoken to him yet. He gives me the new cutomer upgrade rate, new plan that I was promised, and an additional $150 service credit for my troubles. I bite again and go to the sprint store later that day. I walk out with my new 650 and my new plan.

My first bill with the 650 was free, so I am getting the $150 service credit and it did correctly reflect my new plan.

All in all it was a big pain the the neck but I did get the 650 and sprint did take care of me. I did learn a valuable lesson though, ALWAYS get the name and ID# of the CS rep you speak with. I think this might have saved me some precious time and spared me a lot of frustration.
  11.    #11  
    So is a discount of $150 the best they can do?