1.    #1  
    When can Lock Line be added? I assume only with activation. What about acctivation of a used phone from Ebay?
    Or is it just on new phones being activated for the first time.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    activation for lockline can be anytime they will make you call them then they will call you back on the phone to make sure it works
    Quote Originally Posted by clownracer
    activation for lockline can be anytime they will make you call them then they will call you back on the phone to make sure it works
    I called last week and I was told it has to be within 30 days of the activation of a new phone. It also gone up, when I had it last year it was $4 a month and $35 a replacement. Now it's $5 a month and $50 a replacement.
    Yes, within the first 30 days of activating a new phone. At day 31, you're SOL, as Lockline cannot be added. I think the phone has to be brand new. I don't think you can buy a used 600 (or whatever) and still fall under the 30 day rule...it has to be brand new from a vendor.
    Cll your carrier and have insurance added. I did that with Verizon and I don't think I was in the 30day window. Got LockLine from Verizon.
    I think it is actually that you can add lockline insurance to a phone at anytime, but you have to wait 30 days before filing a claim!

I bought my treo 600 but forgot the insurance, I added it later with the above stipulation. THey also did have to call me back on the insured phone cell number to make sure that the phone was working.
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    LockLine can only be added within 30 days of activating a phone on an account. I don't believe the phone has to be new, and even if it did, it would require that the CSRs that do the ESN swap know that rule, and I don't believe the majority do.

As to the above poster saying you can add Lockline with Verizon at anytime: that may be true. However, Lockline provides insurance for many carriers, and each carrier has their own set of rules governing the insurance. For instance, Lockline is the insurance offered by Cingular, but their version will not cover PDA phones. Also, Verizon offers insurance from two different companies: Asurion and Lockline. Which one you get depends on where you live.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    That wasn't their old policy. I activated lockline on my treo 300 something like 15 months after I bought it when I heard about hinges breaking (and my hinge broke about 2 months after that).
    It is their new policy for Sprint, and it was effective as of 1/1/05.
    People, don't forget if you're with Cingular and have a Treo, or any PDA phone, you can still sign up for Lockline at $3.99/month, but you ain't getting a replacement. PDA phones are not covered, but they are not blocked when you try to sign up.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    People, don't forget if you're with Cingular and have a Treo, or any PDA phone, you can still sign up for Lockline at $3.99/month, but you ain't getting a replacement. PDA phones are not covered, but they are not blocked when you try to sign up.
    To clarify, if you have a Treo and are on Cingular, DO NOT waste your time and money signing up for LockLine, even if you seem to be able to either on-line or through a CSR. The fact is that you will have worthless insurance. Save your $$ and add your Treo onto the scheduled personal articles policy that you hopefully have as part of a homeowners insurance policy.
    Here is the email that I got from Lockline about insuring my Cingular Treo650

As technology is continually changing, we continue to review our program and options for expansion of eligible equipment, but at this time, the Treo 650 through your Cingular carrier, is considered ineligible equipment and can not be enrolled in our program.

Thank you for your inquiry.
    LOL. They are covering for Cingular who chose not to insure your Treo 650. Lockline insures Treo 650 for Sprint customers. Do you know why?