Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1.    #1  
    OK...coming from Verizon, I have to say that Sprint's SMS service is absolutely CRAP. International SMS is virtually non-existent, at least not to any major country in Europe. Incoming SMS sometimes takes half a day to get to my phone. I pretty much have to follow up with a call to find out if an SMS arrived. Retarded. I have been trying out ipipi.com for the last week, but found that outgoing SMS sometimes disappears, and incoming SMS still suffers from Sprint's sloooooooow delivery.

    Does anyone have any tips here? Switching back to Verizon excluded...and yes, I have half a mind to go with an unlocked T650 to T-Mo or Cingular
  2. #2  
    I SMS to a friend in New Zealand and Canada often. No problems here. Delays depend on the market with all carriers.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
  3. #3  
    Same here, Sprint works fine here, Cingular and Nextel have problems here.
  4. Quake97's Avatar
    Posts
    557 Posts
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    #4  
    No problems in Philly.
  5. #5  
    I've tested my sms speeds by sending messages to my ##########@messaging.sprintpcs.com address, and I always get the sms in seconds. Dunno about overseas though, sorry. =P
  6. #6  
    Works fine for me.
  7. #7  
    works well for me as well.. I can send to verizon people too.. only thing I really want is for sprint/palmone to fix the voice quality issue
  8. #8  
    Weird - have exactly the same problem...from the other side of the water. Cannot get an SMS delivered although it's sent; checked with my provider but Sprint is the one to blame. And...ipipi.com is slower than snail mail.
    T-Mo might work?!
    Final solution: moving
  9. #9  
    My name is Branko Zurkovic and I am the CEO of Upside Wireless, company that provides ipipi.com service. I am humbled by the comments posted in this thread and I am wondering if I could solicit your help to improve our service so that its users can rely on fast and reliable international text messaging service we strive to provide.
    While we currently have reliable access to all global networks it is possible that delivery to some of them is sub-par. Could you kindly be more specific in describing problems you encountered when using ipipi.com? For example, what was the network where problems were experienced? When? What was the nature of problem(s)? This would be greatly appreciated and will help us troubleshoot any "rought edges".
    As a small token of gratitude I would also like to offer 100 "ipi's", credits that can be used to send SMS to any mobile phone on the Planet.

    Many thanks,
    Branko
  10. 1SFG's Avatar
    Posts
    191 Posts
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    #10  
    no problem with the standard sprint set up here in the dc metro
    1st SFG (A)

    if at first you don't succeed - RELOAD!
  11. #11  
    No problems with SMS in Seattle Metro. Haven't tried international, though.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bzurkovic
    My name is Branko Zurkovic and I am the CEO of Upside Wireless, company that provides ipipi.com service. I am humbled by the comments posted in this thread and I am wondering if I could solicit your help to improve our service so that its users can rely on fast and reliable international text messaging service we strive to provide.
    While we currently have reliable access to all global networks it is possible that delivery to some of them is sub-par. Could you kindly be more specific in describing problems you encountered when using ipipi.com? For example, what was the network where problems were experienced? When? What was the nature of problem(s)? This would be greatly appreciated and will help us troubleshoot any "rought edges".
    As a small token of gratitude I would also like to offer 100 "ipi's", credits that can be used to send SMS to any mobile phone on the Planet.

    Many thanks,
    Branko
    Branko,

    I appreciate your attitude. A few things that I have noticed while using ipipi.com (and I realize these will be difficult to troubleshoot):
    - If I send an SMS from your web interface, it takes 1 credit. If I send it from my phone via one of your your gateway phone numbers, it takes 2 credits. I can follow the logic in that (technically it is an incoming SMS followed by an outcoming SMS) but I have noticed a very rapid decrease of my credits that I could not relate to the number of messages sent. As if each message was debited double.
    - I have had a few occasions where I sent an SMS from your web interface, and it simply disappeared. Did not even see it show up in my Account Info. But it did debit my account.
    - Also had a few occasions where I sent an SMS from my phone to your gateway number (did NOT forget the "s alias" at the start of the message) and it disappeared. Could not find the message tracking in Account Info, but in this case it also did not debit my account.

    For the rest..you're still dependent on the speed of delivery of the receiving network, nothing you can do about it.

    I'll continue to use ipipi.com, simply because it is the only way I found to send an international SMS from my Sprint phone.

    Thanks!
  13. #13  
    It can take seconds, minutes, hours, or days for my daughter in the next room to receive an SMS that I send her...and we're both on the same Sprint account! Very erratic in northern California.
  14. #14  
    Fast and reliable for me and my family here in NoCal (bay area). I communicate with them mainly via SMS - cuts down on airtime.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  15. #15  
    I've never sent any international SMS from my CDMA 650. Can you provide an example of the string you use to SMS New Zealand and Canada? Anyone overseas want to send me some test SMS? Please e-mail or PM me.



    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    I SMS to a friend in New Zealand and Canada often. No problems here. Delays depend on the market with all carriers.
  16. #16  
    Ditto!

    Quote Originally Posted by 1SFG
    no problem with the standard sprint set up here in the dc metro

    Sprint PCS user since 1999

    -=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    Branko,

    I appreciate your attitude. A few things that I have noticed while using ipipi.com (and I realize these will be difficult to troubleshoot):
    - If I send an SMS from your web interface, it takes 1 credit. If I send it from my phone via one of your your gateway phone numbers, it takes 2 credits. I can follow the logic in that (technically it is an incoming SMS followed by an outcoming SMS) but I have noticed a very rapid decrease of my credits that I could not relate to the number of messages sent. As if each message was debited double.
    - I have had a few occasions where I sent an SMS from your web interface, and it simply disappeared. Did not even see it show up in my Account Info. But it did debit my account.
    - Also had a few occasions where I sent an SMS from my phone to your gateway number (did NOT forget the "s alias" at the start of the message) and it disappeared. Could not find the message tracking in Account Info, but in this case it also did not debit my account.

    For the rest..you're still dependent on the speed of delivery of the receiving network, nothing you can do about it.

    I'll continue to use ipipi.com, simply because it is the only way I found to send an international SMS from my Sprint phone.

    Thanks!
    Thank you for your support. We are working on several interfaces and we are hopeful that people such as your self will use our service not only because they cannot send international messages using Sprint but also for ease of use, price and availability of Outlook SMS (http://www.ipipi.com/help/sms_outlook.htm), SMS Instant Messenger (http://www.ipipi.com/help/ipipi-sms-...-messenger.htm) or even messaging from your favourite email client (http://www.ipipi.com/help/send_text_...ail_client.htm).

    Regarding our pricing - you are correct that incoming "s" commands require two credits - this is due to the transactional nature of the service. Your incoming messages simply trigger a relay to the final destination. Please note that each SMS message cannot be longer than 160 characters. If your text is longer, it must be broken down into multiple messages and each of them requires one transaction (credit). Only those transactions that are recorded in the Account Info list in your account affect your credit balance.

    Looking forward, we are conducting market research to launch account packages that will for a standard monthly subscription fee include a certain number of outgoing SMS and unlimited incoming SMS. Would you be interested in this?

    Many thanks,
    Branko
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by bzurkovic
    ...but also for ease of use, price and availability of Outlook SMS (http://www.ipipi.com/help/sms_outlook.htm), SMS Instant Messenger (http://www.ipipi.com/help/ipipi-sms-...-messenger.htm) or even messaging from your favourite email client (http://www.ipipi.com/help/send_text_...ail_client.htm).

    ...
    Looking forward, we are conducting market research to launch account packages that will for a standard monthly subscription fee include a certain number of outgoing SMS and unlimited incoming SMS. Would you be interested in this?
    I would be interested if there is no multi-month commitment, and if the pricing is such that I might perceive a benefit (figuring that I use perhaps 8-10 credits per day). As far as your SMS client for Outlook goes...that IS nice, but I ended up uninstalling it because each time I used it, it would reset the default window size of my emails to a tiny window.
  19. #19  
    Works great in dallas
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    I've never sent any international SMS from my CDMA 650. Can you provide an example of the string you use to SMS New Zealand and Canada? Anyone overseas want to send me some test SMS? Please e-mail or PM me.
    I simply put in the phone number, nothing else.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions