1.    #1  
    Title says it all..... has anyone heard anything?
    My company has an account with VZW (100 + lines) and our NYC Corp Rep told me it is in testing and IF it passes their protocals it would be out in 45 - 60 days now that Sprint's exclusive is over. He gave me this info about two weeks ago and I have not followed up on it. However, he did mention the memory issue and the thought that unless PalmOne sent VZW "patched" units, they would most likely reject the 650 and then it could be many months.
    I just bought a 600 (was anxious to unload my RIM 6750 on Ebay while it was still worth something) and I asked two separate verizon salespeople about the 650.

Both said it was in testing. The first guessed that it would be available in a month and said it was currently in testing. That had me re-thinking the 600 purchase and I thought about returning it, but when I asked him if his prediction was data driven or just a guess, he said it was just a guess.

The second said hopefully in the next 2-4 months. He said Verizon's testing protocol is usually 4-6 months long and its been in testing for 2 months now.

With all that said, I'm certainly happy with my 600 but will probably get jealous when the 650 comes out unless its at $500 bucks, then I won't be too upset.
    I am waithing vs considering the change to Sprint. I want the phone, but don't want to wait forever. The 600 does not do some of the things I want a phone to do. So I can wait for the verizon (I have been with Verizon since the dark ages) or I can skip over to Sprint. I would rather not hack the Sprint 650 to be come a Verizon phone, but I consider that the last of the my 3 possibilities and the one I hope I don't have to resort to.
    i spoke to my biz rep who predicts end of march early april, so lets keep fingers crossed.
    it comes out in may
    I'm thinking it's still going to be a while (like late summer?). Guesses from VZW people tend to be all over the place, which makes me think it won't be soon. Also, if it is going to be a long wait, I doubt they'd tell you that in case you decided to jump to a different carrier. I left VZW and went with Sprint because it looked like VZW would get the 650 later, rather then sooner. I've been very pleased with Sprint so far and their data plan is peanuts compared to VZW.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I left VZW and went with Sprint because it looked like VZW would get the 650 later, rather then sooner. I've been very pleased with Sprint so far and their data plan is peanuts compared to VZW.
    Same for me, and I haven't regretted it for a minute. I don't know how VZW hopes to remain competitive with their loooooong delays in getting new products like the 650 to market and their expensive data plans.
    Looks like I'm going to have to jump on guys. Time for me to Verizonize a 650.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I couldn't wait and verizonized about 3 weeks ago -- really enjoy my T650. I haven't any problems with my verizon connection - able to get on the web a lot better than my previous phone (LG4400).
    Where did you folks purchase your Sprint 650? Sprint, Amazon, P1, TC? I'm wondering where I could possibly get the best deal (aside from buying it at retail for $599)?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I got mine directly from palmone. sprint stores charged tax in NYC. you can also pick it up on ebay for little cheaper.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Got mine from a palmone store in San Francisco. I was able to get a $50 rebate immediately.
    $50 rebate? Just called the retail store in NJ and they never heard of a rebate. They are still offering the BT headset.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I bought mine in December - can't really remember what the rebate was for - maybe it's already expired. But the Palmone guy was nice enough to honor it since I didn't even know about it.