Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    I am getting very upset with Sprint. I bought my first Treo 600 this summer. Two-Three months ago the screen went bad . Sprint had me wait a total of 2 hours in store over three or four days but gave me a refurb . Since day 1 of refurb the phone was weird . It would at random have a very poor quality speaker phone and ear piece speaker, plus the ringer volume would ALWAYS reset . I actually missed 7 of my business customers call in four hours because of that!

So I went to the local PCS and they ran a 20 minute test to tell me the obvious, a bad microphone and chearfully gave me another Treo 600 refurb . When I questioned that and asked if they could upgrade to a 650, they said no, but if I wanted the 650 I could get a $75 credit for the old phone and pay $600 for the new 650!!!

Now I have another refurb 600 . Already things are weird, some of the buttons on the phone software look bad , and the voicemail icon is different and stays on when there is no voicemail. Taking bets that this phone makes it the same lenth as the last refurb unless customer service takes care of me tonight when I call.

UPDATE--voice mail icon issue thing of the past. sd card slot acts like card has been removed and reinserted again when the card was not removed . This happens when it is touched just right and then will loop about three times without being touched . Still have to call Sprint after the eveng rush comes in.

UPDATE 2--the phone is worse then before . the sd drive was acting like the card was ejected and reinserted by itself and then has become sensitive to touch or motion . the sd card even failed to be accessed serveral times while at was at the gas station , the screen went on and off by itself after i turned it off in another looping pattern. the stupid pos even turned itself on to search for a network after i turned it off during the movies. i called sprint and they would not help me since i am an authoirzed reseller and that i had to either go to the store or call a special department. i spent 30 minutes on the phone trying to get them to give me a phone. i even asked to have a new unopened 600 but they would only swap me for a 650 is a fronted $600 that i don't have!

if there is no resolution tomorrow then my lawyers will hear about this.
    Last edited by sjuffe; 02/09/2005 at 12:04 AM. Reason: situation changed
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=68193

Read this post if you havent done so. I wouldnt put up with another treo 600 refurb.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    i am happy to report that after calling on some of the regional managment and managers in Virgina I have a new out of the box 600. I walked into the store mentioned my problems in brief and they new about it before i could finish. and they even gave me a choice of stores to go to, so that means somebody got in touch with two stores and set them straight! once again i am happy, even though i had to go to the bigs guns managment.
    "I'm not against half-naked girls - not as often as I'd like to be..." Benny Hill