Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MAdMoNKEY
    Just be careful! The old $15 vision plans had unlimited text messaging, and I believe the new $10 vision plans do not. If you want unlimited text messaging back, it's another $5 (bringing the Vision price back to $15).
    the old vision included 100 sms's per month, so with the five bucks you save you could get unlimited sms's
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    the old vision included 100 sms's per month, so with the five bucks you save you could get unlimited sms's
    I guess it depends on how old your vision is. I started my Vision plan last February, and it has unlimited SMS messages built in (but I pay $15). Or maybe I just got lucky. Anyways, I'm always wary about messing with my Sprint plan unless I absolutely have to because something always gets screwed up in the process and takes weeks to resolve
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Yeah, my $15 vision plan I signed up for this February had 100 SMS... Same deal on my now $10 vision.

My vision plan (signed up dec 2003) is $15, includes $10 in credits, and unlimited sms. I think I'll stick with this one.

-Randy
    I: Cliff Notes history...

I used to have $10 unlimited vision (T300) since Oct 2002. But in Nov 2003 I had a job through Sprint via Fry's Electronics and had free phone service for 1.5 months. By then I had a T600. When layoffs hit, they immediately cut off my phone service and I had to get a new phone number, etc. which by then I could not revert to a $10 Vision plan and had to pony up an extra $5...

II: Current Scenario

...Until I saw this thread. I had called Sprint the other day and told them the Cliff Notes story above. I had asked them since I only use vision for checking e-mail and Webs surfing, could I have my Vision plan back to $10. (I did not mention text messaging, as to not upset the apple cart.) It helped that I was month-to month with them, so they agreed.

III: My current bill...

...that I just got today still shows the $15 vision--with unlimited text messaging. I plan to call them up to double check on the Vision change to my plan. To be sure, I plan to use my text messaging gingerly for the next month and see what my next official bill looks like (or maybe I'll look on the Web).

IV: Points to ponder:

By the time Sprint upgrdes it's data plan to the higher speed network, I wonder how much they plan to charge for the higher speed (if at all.) Since I still plan to be month-to-month with Sprint until the next gen Treo comes out (T700?) and (unless Sprint screws up my plan like they are known to do), I figure having a $10/month vision plan will make it easier for me to haggle/position myself if Sprint does decide to increase vision services. In the meantime, I hope I can save $5 month ($60/year! Hey, it all adds up!)
    ###
    It seems I'm on the only member of TC who does NOT "qualify" for the $10/month price on Vision. I spoke with a Business Service rep (I have a business account) who told me that "the system puts a notation in your account once you have had Vision for 'long enough' and that qualifies you for the $10/month price. I've had it for 1 year. Is there anyone who has had it for less time than that and got the $10/month price? Also, she is telling me that Vision is $10 in some areas, so were you originally paying $15/month and they dropped it to $10 or did it start at $10? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I was told as well it's based somewhat on geography. Some markets get a lower price then others as part of a promo. I guess I'll try again, but I'm not holding out too much hope. Of course, I got my 650 as part of a free upgrade from having had to trade in 6 previous 600's, so I guess can't really complain too much.
    i just got my treo about 3 months ago and at first i had the 15 dollar vision then i read here about a month ago it was 10 dollars minus the five bucks in downloads. i called they switched me in about 10 min. . i just took over my wifes account and bought her a treo about a week ago got her vision to start at 10 dollars when i asked . call back ask someone else
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    151 Global Posts
    Some jacka** said that it wasn't available to me because I am a business customer? Bull****

What should we specifically ask for? So the difference between the 10 and 15 dollar plan is that they just allow you 5 in downloads?

So isn't the vision always 10 dollars plus 5 in credits but now they let you take off the 5 in credits? The simpleton I spoke with was talking about a business vision package and basic.
    Sound like keep trying. For those that succeeded letting us know how long you've had the account, where you live, and who you talk to at Sprint might help.

Ivory...
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    JACKPOT!!! I just got off the phone w/Sprint and they converted me to $10/month for my Vision acct. I used CRSO's example of telling the rep since $5 is applied toward downloads/ringtones, (although he actually said $10) and I never use that, he switched me over to a $10/month acct. Persistance is the key. I called yesterday with no success, but today, my cell phone bill is now $5 less per month

To answer Ivory's question, I'm a biz customer who's been with Sprint since July '99 living in SF, CA. I just managed to get a helpful rep.
    It is called the SprintMBU plan (I think--at first I thought she said 'Malibu'....it is $10/mon for unlimited internet and 100 sms/mon and does not include d/l credits. I got switched.
    Does the $10/month plan include programs like SnapperMail and checking e-mail?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12