1.    #1  
    Is it possible to have one phone number, but to have it go to two different phones? I would love the option to carry a small phone, or my treo, but don't want to deal with having two phone numbers.....
    no. however, if you get call forwarding, you can have effectively the same functionality. bit of a pain in the arse if you switch off frequently though.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Which is why Spring should try the functionality I saw from another carrier (Cingular, I think). When you put the phone in its cradle, it automatically forwards to the hardline in your home. Rather nice. Or...would be if I had a hard line...Hrmmm....all I have is the Treo 650......maybe forward to another phone if you've got it on the cradle? Would also be great for those of us who work in areas where camera phones are not allowed.
    There's at least one app for the Treo that will forward under certain circumstances, including being in the cradle.
    Actually, I have Verizon service (T600) and was thinking of trying out the GSM T650; however, I don't want to port my number yet. Also, I didn't want to hand out a new number which I may or may not use in the future. So, I guess forwarding my Verizon number to a, say, Cingular number would probably be the best thing to do while I try out the unit for 30 days, right?

Any other suggestions, better or worse?
    Uhhh, not 30 days.......more like 14 or 15, or you're paying ETF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vipermad
    If he is in California, it is 30 days.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    of course sprint charges you .10/min to forward
    I thought Cingular trial period was 30 days. I know Sprint is half that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipermad
    In California it is the state law to have 30 days satisfaction policy. It's not the carriers who willingly do it. But lots of people get around that by offering 30 days exchange, 7-14 days full refund.