Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I have a Treo 650 (Sprint CDMA version) that I have working with Verizon wireless. Back in December when I first "verizonified" the Treo 650 I had to call customer service to associate the ESN of the 650 with my Verizon account. Know that my phone has been working for Verizon for over a month would it be possible to switch the ESN out and them back again?

For example this weekend I went sledding with my children. I would have rather taken my old Kyocera 3035 instead of my Treo 650. I have always been able to in the past to switch the ESN that is attached to my phone number by using Verizon wirelesses web site. What I am wondering is if I switched ESN numbers to use the older phone would I be able to switch back to the ESN of the 650 on my own, i.e. using VZW website?

Since the ESN of my Treo 650 is already in their system should there be any problem with switching back and forth? Thanks.

-Derek
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Bump...any thoughts on this anyone?
    Derek, I don't think you should have a problem at all. I've done this with a "non-Verizon" phone in the past, although not with my Verizonized Treo 650. Once the equipment is logged into their system you should be fine.

However, I'd strongly suggest doing the ESN change (back to the Verizonized Treo) with a CSR or tech person. I'd actually rather get confirmation and peace of mind from them that the change has been done exactly the way it should have been (ie, you had a data plan with the 650 - you want to make sure it gets placed back). While they may have the "settings" in place it's always good to confirm that with a live person when you change back. Like I said, I've done this and haven't had any problems.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Thanks illustreous. I want to sell the phone (just not happy with Palm OS) and I want to make sure that whomever I sell it to will be able to use the phone with their Verizon account. Thanks for the quick reply!

- Derek
    Derek, even in a case where you're not keeping the phone and giving it so someone else I think the same principles apply. You should be fine.

Sorry you weren't happy with the Palm OS. I can't live without it!

Good luck!