1.    #1  
    I just switched to Verizon and going from a 600 to the xv6600. I ordered the unlimited dataplan for 49 - discount. well, he came back and said the the "people" said it doesnt fall under the PDA unlimited but the 79 dollar plan which is usually for data cards.
    He did give me a hundred dollar credit and 25 percent off my bill.
    But is that right?

I guess the good thing is I can now use it for my laptop as a modem and not worry at all about them comming back after me for using umpteen minutes

Mark
    That's bull****. If you have a calling plan, the unlimited data plan should be $44.99.
    Agreed, the XV6600 should be eligible for the $45 unlimited PDA plan, which is still too expensive to begin with. The $79 is supposed to be for the wireless card on a laptop, not PDA phones
  4.    #4  
    They claim that it qualifies for the the 79 plan because of the EVDO capability.
    If nothing else, it should be $15 (VCAST plan) since it is EVDO capable. I didn't think Verizon could do any worse than a $45 PDA plan, but I was obviously wrong.

I'd try another rep. This smells of misinformation or a padded commission.
    The $44.99/$49.99 (depends if you have a calling plan or not) comes up as an option if you purchase the phone online. I'd check with a different rep.
  7.    #7  
    Well, just called Verizon, talked to the rep that deals with those phones and he told me my rep is wrong. (its my Reps first 6600) I have to use him though because hes the only rep through my company.
    The verizon phone rep said I could either call my rep and tell him hes wrong or just call in later and get it changed to the correct price.
    Since hes giving me 25% off plus a $100 credit becuase the price (he thinks) is 79, I'll go ahead and wait. Otherwise he'll probably take the credit back.
    Don't be so sure. When Verizon first offered the Treo 600, they were offering a $100 credit if you signed up for the unlimited data plan.

And I assume that the 25% off is due to your company discount, which you should be able to get regardless.
  9.    #9  
    This was on top of the 100 dollar credit. I was already getting the phone for $398. he was giving me and extra $100 service credit.