1.    #1  
    I have heard no end of complaints about Sprints customer service so I thought I would post my oposing view.

#1) Every time i've called sprint CS i've had a wait time of less then 5 minutes usually less then 1 minute. The is far superior to the service i had with Nextel where my AVERAGE hold time was 20 minutes.
    #2) Every single rep i've spoken to both at PCS CS and Vision CS has been friendly and positive. Again in stark contrast to my experience with Nextel and AT&T.
    #3) The in store people could not be any nicer.

Now with that said, have I talked to a single person who knew anything about the Treo 650 ? Nope the technical knowledge is not there, and sadly this is fine with me as I have been completely numbed by the ignorance of CSR's in todays world. I dont think you will find better anywhere else you have to get up to the Tier 3 people to find someone who can spell Treo and that takes a bit of doing but as I said this was the same for me with all carriers.

What is it everyone has against Sprint ? I can't imagine leaving because of CS when the next carrier is going to be JUST as bad.
    I too have had a good experience with CS. I've finally decided that wireless service providers are kinda like pickup trucks. There are Chevy people, Ford people, and Dodge people. They are all passionate about why their truck is the best or why some other truck stinks. All have positives and negatives. In the end, the best advice is to stick with whatever provider works for you.
    Sprint recently contracted out customer support to IBM.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Ditto, I have only had positive experiences in the 3+ years I have been with them.

Quote Originally Posted by riekl
    I have heard no end of complaints about Sprints customer service so I thought I would post my oposing view.

#1) Every time i've called sprint CS i've had a wait time of less then 5 minutes usually less then 1 minute. The is far superior to the service i had with Nextel where my AVERAGE hold time was 20 minutes.
    #2) Every single rep i've spoken to both at PCS CS and Vision CS has been friendly and positive. Again in stark contrast to my experience with Nextel and AT&T.
    #3) The in store people could not be any nicer.

Now with that said, have I talked to a single person who knew anything about the Treo 650 ? Nope the technical knowledge is not there, and sadly this is fine with me as I have been completely numbed by the ignorance of CSR's in todays world. I dont think you will find better anywhere else you have to get up to the Tier 3 people to find someone who can spell Treo and that takes a bit of doing but as I said this was the same for me with all carriers.

What is it everyone has against Sprint ? I can't imagine leaving because of CS when the next carrier is going to be JUST as bad.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I've only needed CS in the past when changing phones, so I average less than 1 call per year. Every time I've placed that near-annual call, it's been uneventful. The CSRs have had the necessary info available and while they might not be experts on the Treo lineup, they've gone through the activation sequence with no problems whatsoever.
    - Fushigi
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Sprint recently contracted out customer support to IBM.
    Any idea how recently?
    Unfortunately people tend to remember the bad experiences more than the good ones. It's important we remember the good as well as the bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar99
    Any idea how recently?

The IBM CS switch was announced at least 6 months ago but I don't know when the transition started. It may be more than half transitioned by now, maybe entirely.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Interesting, because back in April of last year (when I had my 600 & Sprint for a month) they were pretty crappy.. That's some cool info.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wadeemmert
    I too have had a good experience with CS. I've finally decided that wireless service providers are kinda like pickup trucks. There are Chevy people, Ford people, and Dodge people. They are all passionate about why their truck is the best or why some other truck stinks. All have positives and negatives. In the end, the best advice is to stick with whatever provider works for you.

Well put!

I've been with Sprint for years. Never had any real trouble with them. Great service all-in-all. I just keep a healthy mistrust for the big company just like I do the government. I hope that folks shopping and considering carriers come across this thread. It will help them see that not everyone has negative feedback to give when it comes to Sprint.

-D
    keep in mind, you are talking to a person on the other end of the phone.

50% of all people are of below average intelligence.

So there are a good chance you are speaking to an *****.

50/50 is about how I would rate my Sprint LUser experience.
    Like you, I have have heard a lot of complaits aout Sprint. I've used Sprint for almost 7 years. I've found their customer service reps to be friendly and helpful though they sometimes take a quite a while to figure out how to activate a new smartphone (I've been through the Treo 300, Samsung i500, and now Treo 650), but ultimately they get it right.

While their coverage is not very relaible in rural areas I have fod it generaly very good in major metro and suburban areas all across the country. Their rate plans are a deal and their data rate plans are the best in my experience. I'm grandfathered in at $10/month, unlimited data.
    What I find with Sprint's CSR is they are generally polite, but not well trained and often gives the wrong information. What really bugs me is Sprint CSR's will keep asking you: "Have I answered your question Mr XXX?" after every question you ask.

A typical call to CSR goes like this: I ask a question, they give me an answer (50/50 that it's wrong or misleading), then they ask me: "Have I answered your question Mr XXX?". I say yes or no depending on the answer. I ask another question, they give me an answer, then ask: "Have I answered your question Mr XXX?". I ask 3rd question, they give an answer and ask: "Have I answered your question Mr XXX?".
    I get annoyed and ask them to stop that. I ask another question, they give an answer and ask again: "Have I answered your question Mr XXX?". I hang up.
    I agree the Sprint CSR's have always been polite, just not well informed. This leads to more CSR calls and the cycle just begins again.
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    I have usually had good experiences with CSR, but I haven't had to call them much. Recently, I have been trying to get an upgrade to the T650 because my T600 is too shabby. Several of you have had success with this, and I thought I was going to have success as well, but it turns out that I was wrong.

See my continuing saga in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&page=3&pp=20