1.    #1  
    Anybody have a guide similar to the Sprint guide listed here on how to use Verizon's VM system without using your airtime minutes.

Thanks in advance..
    Last edited by luvdldy; 01/24/2005 at 02:33 PM.
    Verizon used to give me a quick reference laminate card every time I got a new phone. Have they stopped that? Their VM is easy:

*86 <send> to setup your VM and to access it in the future. Help prompts will tell you that you can press 3 to hear messages, 7 to delete, 9 to save, , etc.
  3.    #3  
    Tony...

Thanx for the response... but if you read my post...

I'm trying to find out how I can call my VM WITHOUT using any of my airtime minutes. When you call VM on Verizon and Sprint for that matter, they make you use airtime minutes.

When I had lowly NTELOS, they didn't charge VM calls towards airtime. It was free.

Let me add this TC link, as it may be helpful. It discusses using Sprint VM w/o airtime charges.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=guide+sprint
    In the past, you could change the default setting from *86 to your 10 digit number and it would see it as a mobile to mobile call, but I believe Verizon has ended that and now charges any calls from your mobile to your same number as whatever period you are in (peak, free n/w, etc).

As far as I know, the only way to avoid any peak charges would be to call from a landline/another person's phone, and access your voice mail from there.
  5.    #5  
    Anyone else who might have an answer similar to the link listed.