Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    With my Treo 650, I get about 115 Kbps running the speed test at DSL Reports. Does this mean that my upstream speed is the same rate, or is it somewhat lower?
    Upstream is always slower. Typically 1/8th ur down. To test, upload a file via FTP to some FTP site. Watch what ur client mazes out at. You can do the same for downstream rates.

Further, take those speed test sites with a grain of salt; they're rarely accurate.

NJK
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theleetbeagle
    Upstream is always slower. Typically 1/8th ur down. To test, upload a file via FTP to some FTP site. Watch what ur client mazes out at. You can do the same for downstream rates.

Further, take those speed test sites with a grain of salt; they're rarely accurate.

NJK
    I find the DSL Reports speed tests to be quite accurate, but the mobile test doesn't break out upstream and downstream speeds.

Based on my experience with sending 3g2 files from by Treo 650 as VersaMail attachments, I really doubt that the Sprint PCS network upload speeds are as low as 15 Kbps.

I was hoping that someone would know how to accurately test it.
    *shrug* I've done those speed tests before on cable, T1, the Treo, etc... and they're never the same. One hour you'll receive one figure, the next hour it'll be completely different. Do them back-to-back and the results won't even be close.

Further, the method I was talking about above is for when you're connected to your computer using the Treo as a modem. You didn't clarify.

I'm insulted by your condescending tone. :-(
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    Unless you know something I don't (which is very possible ) 1xRTT should be the same upstream and downstream. I don't believe there's any speed restriction on the uplink, unlike your home cable modem or DSL which usually governs the upstream speed.
    For 1X, downstream and upstream are the same (Posted peak is 144 KBPS), for EVDO, downstream is ~400-700 (peak up to 2.4M) upstream is the same as 1X (144K).
    Quote Originally Posted by jt-27
    for EVDO, downstream is ~400-700 (peak up to 2.4M)
    2.4?!? Yeah, right. When the planets and constellations are aligned properly